• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Donbogen

1. D

Birmingham museum and art gallery.

I spent a lot of time in both museums in the 60s my Nan worked in the coffee shop in the BMAG The mummies/Stuffed animals/Giant Spider Crab and the giant Irish elk who was called Paddy by the staff Best of all was the Science Museum the Spit the Hurri the nose of Beufighter and a engine of Me...
  2. D

Hawthorn Road Kingstanding

Yes i spent a lot of time in Taylors buying records my mum worked at Thompsons in the 70s
  3. D

Hawthorn Road Kingstanding

I used to live of Chariton rd great photo
  4. D

Bomb River Tame

In mid 60s as a lad I had access to factory area on other side of bank of river Tame My pal Billy Hale lived in a new build flat on rd that ran side of IMI It was his Dad who got us access There was a Bomb casing no tail about a 1,000 Ib I guess there was 4 screw holes where once there must...
  5. D

White House Perry Beeches

Do any of you folks remember the white house at the no 52 bus terimus in the early 70s it was in a run down state it had a pond we used to get our tadpoles from and there was a rope swing happy days.
  6. D

Old street pics..

Can one of you fellow Brumies please tell tell me step by step AB@C/123? How to post a pic on here my kids are abroad Regards Don.
  7. D

Old street pics..

Great picture nice car A40 was my 1st car D reg 1966 i think Happy times.
  8. D

Mystery Photo

1888/1907 the guy on the left has got a Lee Method rifle with fixed bayonet/Mod 1888 i have one of these bayonets made by Greener of Birmingham,Anyway these rifles were replaced by the 1907 Lee Enfield but my grandad still had a method rifle in India in 1916 Going of thread again the side caps...
  9. D

First Record Bought?

Judy teen cockney rebel hawthorn rd kingstanding 35p
  10. D

Falklands not forgotten Today

Hi Master Brum no me not REME i was part of fire demo team who gave displays etc a small team of us were sent over to select Argie weapons to bring home for evaluation most of team was REME we had Argie Argie pows help us them @ reme dealt with mines @ stuff me just small arms but we did bring...
  11. D

Falklands not forgotten Today

Well said all of you i was there post invasion clearing the mess up.
  12. D

Birmingham Odeon

Happy days took my dear Mum to see David Essex yes she was a fan , On another note every time you got a date you always met at the Odeon
  13. D

Belgian Refugees Ww1

In the 60s there was a old lady who was a Belgium refugee living in a house on Trinity rd just before the Rat Pan pub it was my Gran that told me of her status maybe not much use to you but just of interest?
  14. D

Birmingham on Sea

Just before the entrance to old pier somebody was selling gramophones @radios this was in late 60s, Moving on does anyone remember the old bag lady she was always around the area of the crazy golf the locals looked after her but she always turned down a offer of a bed our landlady told us she...
  15. D

kirby

I went to school with a Jimmy Kirby in Aston in 1964 might not be the same Kirbys what do you folks think?
Back