• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Doger

1. D

Alum Rock Rd - Ward End area

DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE,who was at WARD END HALL School in the late 1950s remember DOUGLAS LAMBIE,also what or where has Veegie gone ?,i miss her posts. (don't know where this lands)
  2. D

Hi Veegee Miss Lidgey, who i found to be a nice teacher used to be very friendly with a Mr Tompson,the boys P E teacher.Miss Lidgey used to take us all to swimming lessons,i remember it well. You have an amazing memory,you certainly jogged mine. Hi Veegee, I used to sit next to Alan...
  3. D

Hi Veegee 13/11/09 REF PAGE 133 Did you take your 11 plus at Thornton Rd,i failed mine in 1957/8,any memories of children or teachers.My best friend at Thornton school was John Price who had dark hair,just like his mother who was a lovely lady,he lived local, i had been to his house many...
  4. D

Hi dav1930 Thanks for info,you have sparked my memory,i do remember the head teacher a Mr Petherick.I fainted in the school hymns sessions once,and Mr Petherick was very good. I remember the playground fights,almost every other day. Kids i remember were...
  5. D

Hi I Lived just off the Washwood Heath road,as a child in the 50s,i remember the Chocolate Cabin sweet shop. We used to play in the Bromford Lane clay pits,a deep hole in the ground,like a mini Grand Canyon. Did anyone go to Thornton rd primary school from around 1954-1958 ? I remember a very...
  6. D

Hi I was at Ward End Hall school,at the time Gary Porter was struck,think it was around the same time of the great air crashes,when we lost Buddy Holly & the football team.The teachers i remember,were- head Haynes,woodwork teacher Westwood,sports/p.e teachers Tompson & Miss Ligey.Arts...
Back