• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Dobbie

1. D

Mr Partridge's shop in Washwood Heath Road?

There was a Mr Partridge who was a school inspector lived at 627 Bromford Lane, B8 2EN in the 60s and early 70s His sister also lived in the area and worked at Gardners restaurant next door to the Beaufort Cinema in Coleshill Road Not actually in Washwood Heath Road but very close by!
  2. D

Malthouse Lane, Alum Rock/Washwood Heath

My Grandparents moved onto the Retirement Bungalows when they new, I think it was 1968 or 69. The outdoor was right next door to the bungalow but I think it had closed down by about 1972. Thanks for bringing this up, I must look for photos! Regards Ian in Sutton
  3. D

Car tax office in city centre

In Silverstone Auctions they are selling the 1904 Birmingham Registration O9 The ninth Number issued in Birmingham as they started in 1904. I am sure it will sell for a not inconsiderable sum...
Back