• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Diane1947

1. D

Dudley Road Hospital -Peter Walker

I left DRH 1969 the one tutor I know was going to get married was Miss Wood, very put together both physically and professionally, but I was under the impression she was going to marry someone who was blind. Are you still working Bhap.?
  2. D

Dudley Road Hospital -Peter Walker

What year was that Bhap?
  3. D

Kingsthorne Cranbourne Rd School

Reading through the thread i noticed your sister was Christina . I sat behind her I guess in our last year before going to senior school. If I remember she sat next to Richard Reynolds, sitting next to me was Stevie Winwood long before the fame part. She was good pals with Dorothy Thompson who i...
  4. D

Sight loss in one eye can you claim benefit.

Have you looked at Attendance Allowance, it’s how the loss in your eye has affected your daily life, and if you need help with daily living. If you have another health condition that also affects you it may well be worth claiming. I lost a close friend some years back, and I help her fill the...
  5. D

Destroyed Adoption Records

My daughter came to us via the care system. We were long term foster parents, and although we were once very far along the adoption route for various reasons it did not happen. My daughter always had contact with her birth mother who unfortunately died in her 40’s. The one thing that struck me...
  6. D

How to change my email on this forum

Thank you Morturn have change it .
  7. D

How to change my email on this forum

Something happened on my iPod, and I have been locked out of my regular email account and my recovery one. Set up a new email, but cannot see how to change it on this forum. Thanks in advance
  8. D

College Road Erdington, Perry Common

Definitely Perry Common did not become Small Heath. Living in Perry Common the daftness of the boundaries is at the least complex, and made even more so when the area was regenerated. Take for example we lived for a lot of years opposite the recreational ground on Witton Lodge Road a few yareds...
  9. D

Rivers : Forgotten Streams or Brooks of Birmingham

The brook your talking about runs underneath Witon Lodge Road, and although the area is regenerated . The houses mainly Dovedale Road, and Maxted Road the brook runs yards from the back of their gardens. Although foliage now covers the banks, and it’s very hard to see the brook. From under...
  10. D

Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022

Apparently someone told me if your coming from the direction of College Road, and carry on into Perry Barr pass the Greyhound stadium you can now turn right there, and go into Perry Barr one stop. Why on earth they took down the flyover I have no idea, not sure what it achieved. Everyone I...
  11. D

Kingstanding

Years ago I think it was David who sent me a message via friends united. Although I never really knew him. How strange my late sister was 12 years older than me also.
  12. D

Kingstanding

I’m 74, and I’m not sure which son I remember by name. However, but looking back at your posts I know almost exactly where they lived in Cranbourne road. They lived about 4 doors up from the local bookie.
  13. D

Kingstanding

A family in Cranbourne Road I believed was called Parry in the 60’s . Unusual name, but the family was there in the 50’s and 60’s so I guess not who your looking for.
  14. D

Any idea about mines

Well this is really interesting, and really none is alive, that knows about the mine. I did know that she was in service, and that again is another story which appears to be true regarding my great grandmother giving birth to my grandmother, and somehow being in the workhouse for years.
Back