• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

devonjim's latest activity

• devonjim
    devonjim reacted to sospiri's post in the thread See Birmingham by Post Card with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Those trees - from the sublime to the ridculous or vice versa. At least the people in the accomodation above the shops could see...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread See Birmingham by Post Card.
    Not sure but I think it is a lime tree!
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread See Birmingham by Post Card.
    Used to park up adjacent to that tree some twenty years ago when I was a "white van man" making deliveries for a wholesale pharmacists...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Midland Cycling & Athletic Club.
    Many years ago I knew a WW1 veteran who lived in Lozells. He would speak fondly of his time out riding with his local cycling club, the...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Waverley Grammar School.
    My wife was at Waverley 51-56 she remembered the form master Mr "Butch" Frost, who was an English Language teacher. She also recalled a...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Gladstone Road, Sparkbrook.
    My great grand parents lived within the area shown by RobT, on the corner of Medlicott Rd. and Abbotsford Rd., amazingly the house is...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Computer help please..
    Getting an advert on BHF for "Xtra-PC" What's that about? Has anyone tried it?
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Hardy Spicers Ltd.
    Richard. I am too confused! I had not long been at Hardy Spicer when this fatal accident happened. The names are unreliable, certainly...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Hardy Spicers Ltd.
    It must have been in early 1970's that John was killed in a car accident on Pershore Rd. I had only been at HS a short while and knew...
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to Richarddye's post in the thread Windows 10 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Jim, you and most of us!
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Windows 10.
    Richard, I don't have the confidence to change things on computers, for "Edge" to be my default browser that's what it came with!
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to oldMohawk's post in the thread Windows 10 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    My laptop and PC start normally with the taskbar and background screen. I only see the Start screen if I call for it. I have noticed...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Windows 10.
    Anyone else noticed that Windows10 acting differently since recent update? Doesn't open directly from "Start screen" needs that you...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread HS2 Archaeology.
    Just a reminder tonight's episode on at the earlier time of 8.00pm.
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Who Do You Think You Are with Appreciate Appreciate.
    New Series this October 2020. Award-winning family history show Who Do You Think You Are? will return to BBC One this October – with a...