• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

devonjim's latest activity

• devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Bagot arms.
    Remember when a Birmingham Mail seller would work in the evening from the central reservation in the third picture. He would sell to the...
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    When i cut the grass I leave a big piece of land with dandelions buttercups and daisies for the bees. they live under the shed. their...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread In the Garden 2020.
    At the beginning of the month some guy on the radio said to help bees not to cut the lawn for the month of May. Any excuse to get out of...
    • IMG_3208.JPG
  • devonjim
    Interesting series of programmes on "Yesterday" FreeView25 "The Architecture that the railways built". Episode tonight 11.00pm.
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to mikejee's post in the thread City Centre Photographs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Sorry about that. My eyesite misread the numbering on corporation st. The correct position of no 229 is on the corner of Lancaster st...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread City Centre Photographs.
    Does this post from "Two" mean that the National CashRegister was on the corner of Bailey Street and not Steelhouse Lane? ie North of...
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to Two's post in the thread City Centre Photographs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The National Cash Register Company was situated on the Ground Floor of the Halfords Building. See attached picture.
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to mikejee's post in the thread City Centre Photographs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    In 1950 The National Cash Register Co was at 229 Corporation St. Map below is incorrect so go to post 1937
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to farmerdave's post in the thread City Centre Photographs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Hi Jim. See post 145 of Central Fire Station HQ thread (page 8) as it mentions the National Cash Register building.
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Hall Green Technical College.
    Went to a lecture at Cadbury's by Mr Sheppard-Fidler about design of Birmingham Council houses. Probably 1958 or thereabouts. Was a...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread City Centre Photographs.
    Here's another "where could this be", lots of clues, but they don't stir my little grey cells.
    • Screenshot (299).png
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Situation Comedy.
    Haven't been completely through this thread but I did do a search and was surprised not to find Kelly Monteith, loved his TV show, was...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Windows 10.
    Gosh, Jim you talk my language. I assume you use Windows10 as you are on this page, what I do is to do a screen dump then use the...
  • devonjim
    devonjim replied to the thread Windows 10.
    Re. Touch pad driver diagnostics. Thanks for all the advice. Must admit to being apprehensive about "fiddling". Laptop does it...
  • devonjim
    devonjim reacted to oldMohawk's post in the thread Windows 10 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    My comment .. :) If you have the latest version and build of Windows 10 you will find that the 'right-click' on Start shows PowerShell...