• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by derickwigan

1. D

Greenway Street, Small Heath

Yes - typo Nellie became a dressmaker and moved to Vicarage Road near Edgbaston with my Grandfather - my brother remembers going there. I think Nellie and my grandfather must have split up as he ended up back in Greenway street! It seems to have been a family habit!
  2. D

Greenway Street, Small Heath

I've posted before about Greenway Street as mum and dad lived in 35 for a while (about 1941 - 1947) and mum left dad not long after i was born there in 1947 Mum and dad got back together and lived in 4/37 in one of the back to backs in 1951, backing on to the abattoir. I was only about four...
  3. D

Yardley Cemetary - Grave Location

I have just found that my Brothers grave is reference E 25188 - he died aged three months in 1951, but his grave might lead me to other relatives! - but the map of Yardley i have only has areas marked, no idea where the various numbers might be Does anyone know
  4. D

PEARCE FAMILY - 1945 1950 St Andrews

just back after 4 / 5 years away from the Forum does anyone know anything about Pearce folk from the 1910's - Harold E 1912, frederick G 1914, samuel H 1907 (Think he went on to own a motor bike shop) Nellie 1910 and Francis 1911
Back