• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by derekw

1. D

NewSt Station 2015

I only use New Street station.I don't shop in the city centre,its become a faceless dumping ground of glass and steel and boring design,they don't know what bricks and mortar is,they ought to be concentrating on the run down suburbs where the real problems lie.
  2. D

NewSt Station 2015

I guess that most of us who remember going to the old Lewis's and saying I'm off to Lewis's will be saying exactly the same with the new one,not off to Grand Central.
  3. D

NewSt Station 2015

Who cares what its called as long as the trains run on time.
  4. D

NewSt Station 2015

I wonder how long it will last before they start on a new one.
  5. D

NewSt Station 2015

Most travellers like meself just want decent trains and punctality and a safe journey,they are not bothered about white painted ceilings which are going to get dirty by diesel fumes.
  6. D

Metro Cammell Saltley

Hi Dave. I helped on the childrens xmas party with other volunteeers for many years,Jim Singleton who was my gaffer at the time was running the show then....I was at the Met for 25 years and was sad but not surprised to see it eventually close.
  7. D

Metro Cammell Saltley

Just a note on the old Metro-Cammell club......its going to be demolished very shortly I'm told,had some happy days and nights there many years ago.
  8. D

NewSt Station 2015

Pity they don't demolish what they're putting up now.its ugly.
  9. D

NewSt Station 2015

One big coverup.
  10. D

Library Of Birmingham 2013

Would spend £180 odd million quid building a new business and then decide to shut half of it down...inept lot.
  11. D

Paradise pre development 2014 -2016

Brums getting good at mystery tours.
  12. D

If this lot can manage to flog the toilet of in Ward End park,they can do anything.
  13. D

Paradise lost and souless.
  14. D

Birmingham must get some good deals on concrete and tarmac.
  15. D

Birmingham's Image And Status

It certainly looks better in the dark.
Back