• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by dereklcg

1. dereklcg

Bywaters

Thank you one and all xx
  2. dereklcg

Bywaters

Nice to see my Dads photos are still doing the rounds..dereklcg
  3. dereklcg

Birmingham by Night

Fantastic pics not seen anything like it before. regards dereklcg
  4. dereklcg

Tile cross/ marston green / dorridge

Do you know the area? i used to help the baker who lived in Shirestone road, a also liked the chip shop at the end of the road mmm. i lived in the lea hall area went to lea village school did,nt like school much.... regards dereklcg
  5. dereklcg

Tile cross/ marston green / dorridge

Shirestone road, Tile Cross. Hope its the sort of thing you want
  6. dereklcg

Severn valley railway.

It,s so funny how we don,t talk anymore?
  7. dereklcg

Rocky Lane Aston

I have just read this thread all the way through,fantastic i loved every bit of it. even though i,m on it some i had,nt seen sorry if i did,nt reply at the time. hello John Knight former Cromwell street resident,hope you and yours are all well. Regards to al dereklcg..
  8. dereklcg

Fish&Chip shop scratchings

Best chippies and scratchings for me and i,m sure others remember it. was i think oliver st on the corner grt lister st,they were special. a lot of places now don,t give you salt and viniger unless you ask.. Happy days in birmingham 7.. dereklcg
  9. dereklcg

City Centre Photographs

That's a grt picture Trevor, back to my youth! Derek
  10. dereklcg

Ward End Park

I met my wife in Ward end park,me and my mate were on the rowing boats one Sunday afternoon, we a spyed these two young ladies on a bench, asked them if they would like to come on the boat with us. Cut a long story short we courted them and married them over fourty years ago,we,re still all...
  11. dereklcg

Great Lister St shops

Hello Peter did you ever come across the photo,of your Mom and Dads shop in Cromwell st? regards Derek 3 Cromwell st Nechell B,ham 7
  12. dereklcg

Sheldon

Hello stars,a driver i worked with Bob Braid drove for caudles many years ago, they had some of the biggest fleet of trucks next to pickfords. I did my HGV training down the road happy days. regards Derek
  13. dereklcg

Sheldon

I worked at a garage in Sheldon heath road, and we used to have our Ford spares from the said garage. They used to have dark blue almost black Anglia vans,it was attached to the wirlwing petrol station. regards dereklcg
  14. dereklcg

Birmingham City Centre 1964

Re: Birmingham City Centre 1954 Hello Wendy,hope you and your's are all well? That was a grt piece of film how smart people looked none of them with there trousers down there backside and all. The times they are a changein, take care regards Derek
  15. dereklcg

Refuse Collecting Vehicles

Re: Refuge Collecting Vehicles It is as you thought a dust cart.as it goes a friend of mine well in his late 70s used to drive the said vechicle. it is in dollman st b,ham sort of museum,it was renovated for a lord mayors show so i,m lead to believe, a few years ago..regards dereklcg.
Back