• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by DerekH

1. D

Cycle Speedways

Thanks Richard
  2. D

Cycle Speedways

Many thanks
  3. D

Cycle Speedways

Does anyone have any information about a cycle speedway team, although based in, I believe, Bell Green Lane, Wythall, were active in the Birmingham league in the late 40s ? Many thanks
  4. D

Rover Racing Cyclist's Club

Fred in 1966
  5. D

George Dixons Grammar School

I went to GD in 1962.. Form master was a young guy called Field -he also took history The Head was Rumsby and deputy was I think Dilworth who may have become Head at some stage. I remember being wheeled into his office with another lad and told to hold our hands out..without warning he caned us...
  6. D

Rover Racing Cyclist's Club

I remember that the "Rover" club met on a Friday evening at the school in Sherbourne Road, Balsall Heath. Tom Godwin and Geoff Bull -loveley man,Trevor's dad- were running it. This would be circa 1965/66. Not long after they amalgamated with, I believe, the Wyndham, to become the Birmingham RCC...
Back