• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Derek Hudson

1. D

Wrensons

Re: Wrensons HELP NEEDED H:-) hello Roy, I worked in the other Birch field Road branch in 1964, the manager at the perry Barr shop was Mr Pretty I don't remember the lady you mentioned Happy days in Wrensons for ten years, take care, Regards Derek Hudson
  2. D

Jollys Radio

Any news on John Bumstead who was the manager of Jollys in 1965, when I was manager at Wrensons, both on Birchfield Road. Happy Days. Derek Hudson
  3. D

Wrensons

Does anyone know these people on the photograph ??? Derek Hudson
  4. D

Shops In Ward End & Fox & Goose

Thank you very much for these super photos, this is much further back than I can remember, but the Wrensons I worked in is on the photo, the second shop along. Many thanks again. Derek Hudson
  5. D

nicholls toys

Hi Keith, In the days of Bob Nicholls and Martin Reynolds I was a manager with Dillons and I collected stock on your late night I think was on a Tuesday Mr BOB was always dashing around, and very much on the ball, They moved to a new premises after the fire, just across the road. I WONDER IF...
  6. D

Shops In Ward End & Fox & Goose

Yes, I worked at Wrensons 627 Washwood heath Road in 1959, and I also worked at Wrensons at the Fox and Goose. Derek Hudson
  7. D

Wrensons

Re: Derek Hudson THIS PHOTOGRAPH HAS BEEN SUPPLIED BY A VERY KIND LADY, PLEASE REPLY IF ANYONE OUT THERE RECONISES ANY OF THE STAFF, ALONG WITH MR PALMER, AT ORPHANAGE ROAD ERDINGTON. THANK YOU Derek Hudson
  8. D

Wrensons

Hello young Ian, Very nice to hear from you, just back from the winter spent in the Canaries, SUPER WEATHER. Yes I was earning £4.10.6 in 1958 and £15.00 a week as a manager at the Radleys, the hours were long because you enjoyed it. I remember Danish Tub was 2 shillings and ten pence a pound...
  9. D

Wrensons

Hello, would this be Colin Scott???? the manager from the Glebe Farm Wrensons about 1959. Please reply Colin if it is, I would love to hear from you. Derek Hudson
  10. D

Sheesbys, and shops in Tile Cross Road

Hi Clarke, I remember the general store and post office opposite the cottages, Fishers lived there, around about 1959, I knew Mrs Sheesby she lived in quite a large de-thached house in Cooks Lane, in those days I worked at Wrensons the one you mention, the butchers shop was Gosbells, the...
  11. D

Davenports

When I went to St Thomas school, what a lovely smell of malt on the way to school in the morning. Derek Hudson
  12. D

People living at 1 great colmore street

Hi, I LIVED IN Great Colmore Street in 1957, I rented a room in the Flynn household, there were nice people in the street, does anybody remember the shop called Little Hell, around the corner, my old school was Saint Thomases. Derek Hudson
  13. D

Wrensons

Hi dentheman, Ken Monk used to run the football team, when he was manager at Hobmoor Road, nice guy. Derek Hudson
  14. D

Wrensons

Is the gentleman fourth on the right Stanley Baldwin???? Derek Hudson
  15. D

Wrensons

Derek Hudson ex cooks lane tile cross