• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Derek Hudson

1. D

Wrensons

Re: Wrensons HELP NEEDED H:-) hello Roy, I worked in the other Birch field Road branch in 1964, the manager at the perry Barr shop was Mr Pretty I don't remember the lady you mentioned Happy days in Wrensons for ten years, take care, Regards Derek Hudson
  2. D

Jollys Radio

Any news on John Bumstead who was the manager of Jollys in 1965, when I was manager at Wrensons, both on Birchfield Road. Happy Days. Derek Hudson
  3. D

Shops In Ward End & Fox & Goose

Thank you very much for these super photos, this is much further back than I can remember, but the Wrensons I worked in is on the photo, the second shop along. Many thanks again. Derek Hudson
  4. D

nicholls toys

Hi Keith, In the days of Bob Nicholls and Martin Reynolds I was a manager with Dillons and I collected stock on your late night I think was on a Tuesday Mr BOB was always dashing around, and very much on the ball, They moved to a new premises after the fire, just across the road. I WONDER IF...
  5. D

Shops In Ward End & Fox & Goose

Yes, I worked at Wrensons 627 Washwood heath Road in 1959, and I also worked at Wrensons at the Fox and Goose. Derek Hudson
  6. D

Wrensons

Hello young Ian, Very nice to hear from you, just back from the winter spent in the Canaries, SUPER WEATHER. Yes I was earning £4.10.6 in 1958 and £15.00 a week as a manager at the Radleys, the hours were long because you enjoyed it. I remember Danish Tub was 2 shillings and ten pence a pound...
  7. D

Wrensons

Hello, would this be Colin Scott???? the manager from the Glebe Farm Wrensons about 1959. Please reply Colin if it is, I would love to hear from you. Derek Hudson
  8. D

Sheesbys, and shops in Tile Cross Road

Hi Clarke, I remember the general store and post office opposite the cottages, Fishers lived there, around about 1959, I knew Mrs Sheesby she lived in quite a large de-thached house in Cooks Lane, in those days I worked at Wrensons the one you mention, the butchers shop was Gosbells, the...
  9. D

Davenports

When I went to St Thomas school, what a lovely smell of malt on the way to school in the morning. Derek Hudson
  10. D

Wrensons

Hi dentheman, Ken Monk used to run the football team, when he was manager at Hobmoor Road, nice guy. Derek Hudson
  11. D

Wrensons

Derek Hudson ex cooks lane tile cross WRENSONS CARRIER BIKES WERE BLUE, BOTH VARIETIES. Derek Hudson
  12. D

Jollys Radio

AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE WORKED IN THE BIRCHFIELD ROAD SHOP I WISH I COULD FIND HIM. Derek HUDSON
  13. D

Wrensons

Re: Wrensons, High St. Erdington My name is Derek Hudson, I worked at this branch of Wrensons with Mr Palmer during the 60s, I would love a photo, and indeed to talk about those days. Best wishes Derek
  14. D

Birmingham Cinemas

Does anyone remember the Atlas in Flaxley Road Stechford??? I went to see Cliff on stage there. There was a good fish/chip shop close by. FISH/CHIPS 1/6P Derek
  15. D

Jollys Radio

Does anybody remember Jollys????? Derek Hudson
Back