• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Dennis Williams

1. Dennis Williams

Aston Interactive Map

Wow, you are a star! I am an admin on Up Yer Brum on the dreaded FB......But have been a member here since 2010.... Shall I bill you as Brummy Lad, John, or whatever suits you? Once again...many many thanks.......
  2. Dennis Williams

Aston Interactive Map

Brummy-Lad......Is this absolute masterpiece available for displaying on another Brum History Site....with full acknowledgements....
  3. Dennis Williams

Lordswood Maternity Home

LORDSWOOD MATERNITY HOSPITAL Brief History of the Property Lordswood Maternity Hospital started life as a large private house - Lordswood House - built in 1856 by the Rev. Thomas Smith, the first vicar of the original St. John's Church, who lived there for eleven years. Later, the house...
  4. Dennis Williams

Lock keeper’s cottages

My first thoughts too......but as it was captioned thus...I took a chance....! Can't remember where I first saw it.....very frustrating....thanks for your input.......
  5. Dennis Williams

Lock keeper’s cottages

Check out this weirdo.....Camp Hill Lock Keepers Cottage...still there in spite of being surrounded by Industry! And a little distance away from the Canal..!!
  6. Dennis Williams

Blews Street

Not sure if these add to the dabate....but as Gt Grandad and his family lived in Blews Street, Manchester Street and Brewery Street in the late 1800s.......that square of Streets off Newtown Row....here's a few more pics I've collected over the years....mainly from this site!
  7. Dennis Williams

RIP JENNYANN

Sad new today. Got a message from her husband that Jen had passed away on 7th November in British Columbia.....a great friend to many of our older members....RIP Jenny Ann....
  8. Dennis Williams

Theatre Stores

Genius...as per! Cheers mj.....
  9. Dennis Williams

Theatre Stores

Yes...I have been doing for nearly ten years now! Nothing to beat it! xxxx
  10. Dennis Williams

Theatre Stores

Wow...Brilliant sleuthing, as per...thanks so much..... In the words of Mr Grace, from Grace Brothers in Are You Being Served TV series..."You've all done very well!" Thanks so much....
  11. Dennis Williams

Theatre Stores

If it is Lyn, and I probably agree, I am just a little surprised that we have never heard of it before? At least I haven't, and there's nowt on the net or on here? Keep safe...xx
  12. Dennis Williams

Portland Terrace and other 'front to fronts'....

Always had a fascination for these Terraces, Views or whatever they are known as.......I call them front to fronts...like back to backs, only opposite? Anyone got any pics of old ones from yesteryear? City Hospital is surrounded by them! Here's the Portland Terrace aerial to illustrate my...
  13. Dennis Williams

Theatre Stores

Just found this nice painting by Warren Blackham.....any ideas about where and when? It's listed as New Street, but nowt else.....? Doesn't sit right with me....
  14. Dennis Williams

Dingley's Passage

Phew....many thanks chaps....so it is what it is then? My Psychogeography is complete.... !!
  15. Dennis Williams

Dingley's Passage

Can anyone help with this mystery please……Dingley’s Passage…..which oddly enough, is still with us, albeit in a very truncated and almost meaningless form….! It has puzzled me for years….if it’s there now, how old is it…I cannot find it on any old maps at all….which I find odd….maybe, of...