• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Denise Hodson

1. D

Pugh family

Hi Astonian I am sorry to have nagged you I didn't realise what you have been going through, please don't worry about it I will do some searching myself, I feel really awful keeing on at you. Take care of yourself and thank you Denise xx
  2. D

Pugh family

Hi Astonian Nag nag nag, can you remember the name of the book with the photo of the court in, there a couple about but are around £15 each a bit much to buy just in case the photo I want is in it. Hope you are keeping well and I am sorry to keep on. Byee Denise
  3. D

Pugh family

Hi Caliente The only info I have about a member of a Mullett family in my tree is a Hannah Mullet who married Samuel Pugh in 1835 in Tipton, in 1841 they lived in Sedgley. Samuel 30 as a shoemaker born 1811 in Shropshire, Hannah 28 was born in Dudley, they had 3 children, Ann 6, Thomas 3 and...
  4. D

old evening mail pics.....

Thoroughly enjoyed looking through the photos, thank you for putting them on for us all to see. My grandad and his family lived at 2 back of 96 Lichfield Road, I do remember visiting when very young but would love to see a photo of the court does anyone out there have one. Fingers and toes...
  5. D

Aston Pictures

Hello all, just a outside enquiry, does anyone have any info or photos of back houses, I am interested in 2 back of 96 Lichfield Road, my grandad was bought up there with his parents and brother and sister Denise
  6. D

Penfold Golf ball factory. Bromford Lane

My mother worked at the golf ball factory, as a child I can remember seeing the pillars with the golf balls on top
  7. D

Coronation Celebration Erdington

Lynda just had a look at your photo from 2009, you say there were the Pughs in the group, my grandparents were called Pugh I wonder if they were related to my family Denise
  8. D

Back house, Lichfield Road

PS Please don,t feel guilty, I am the one to feel guilty for nagging you Denise
  9. D

Hi Alan, I am feeling so guilty now, perhaps if you could let me have the title of the book I could search for it save you doing it. I really appreciate all you are doing. Thanking you very much Denise
  10. D

Hi fatboys, thanks for your input, don't recall the name Ken Pugh but have heard of a Nelly, unfortunately I never asked questions and don't know much about my grandads family apart from the fact he lived in a back house off Lichfield Road, if I remember correctly he had a sister but as yet...
  11. D

Pardoe Family - Ward End Birmingham

Hi Morturn will have a look in the next couple of days for info on the Pardoe family, I know they married into the Hicks family from Roath, Cardiff can't remember seeing a Tommy though
  12. D

Aston Hall Road (formerly Aston Lane)

Mike I have managed to save the maps to my pictures, yours and Cookies instructions were great, so will now forward them to my cousin, I must be getting better - see you can teach an old dog new tricks haha Denise
  13. D

A big thank you to you Cookie and you Mike, don't get on the forum very often but whenever I do if I need any info there is always someone to help Thanks Denise
  14. D

Thank you Mike, the map is to help a long lost cousin of mine, she has recently found a letter addressed to her parents - Coronation Place, Aston Hall Road. She suspected that they lived in a back house and looking at the map she hit the nail on the head. Is there any way I could forward it...
  15. D

THE BARN SOCIAL CLUB

Grandad, Tom Pugh used to see to the allotments and nan Beatrice (Beattie) used to make the sandwiches for the interval on a Saturday night, I used to help her, can't remember how old I was, probably about 13, the ham smelled and tasted lovely
Back