• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Degsy

1. Degsy

Windows 10

Now upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. Not a total disaster, but,,, All my document file attributes have been changed to 'Read Only' and refuses to let me change them. Followed all the recommendations from Microsoft, still no joy. Some apps refuse to open. Oh and I constantly have a...
  2. Degsy

Marston Green Hospital

Hi All. Sorrry for the delay. I am trying to upload pics but its not working. Derek
  3. Degsy

Marston Green Hospital

Hi Willey. Are you sure they went to MGH for treatment. MGH was not an A&E hospital, it was a maternity hospital and didn't have the facilities for stitching. While I was working there, someone walked in with chest pain and the staff dialed 999.
  4. Degsy

Disillusioned Postcard Message - WW1

Hi Guys What a fantastic thread. Please keep up the research. Derek
  5. Degsy

Marston Green Hospital

I totally agree. the hospital was a fantastic place to work because it was a 'happy event' hospital although there were some wards associated with surgical problems. But glad the photo's are bringing back memories. Degsy
  6. Degsy

Yardley - Vera Road

Thanks Len, Do you know the house number in Vera Road that your friend lived. I lived at No 12 to which my daughter now lives. Many many thanks for your clear explanation, which has had us stumped for a long time Derek
  7. Degsy

Yardley - Vera Road

These would seem to be two incidents. I lived in Vera Road during the 1980's & 90's and found a bungalow now built after one of the bombings. But the first picture does not make sense and we cannot place it. Much help needed here.
  8. Degsy

Yardley - Vera Road

More pics of Vera Road. But can't yet figure out which house numbers. Help needed here.
  9. Degsy

John Baskerville

Dennis. What a fantastic account of the great man. You have stirred my interest in John Baskerville. Many thanks for sharing this information.
  10. Degsy

Pathe News clips

Yeh... It's my uncle on my mother's side. He was RAF ground crew out in Autralia. Long gone unfortunately, but as you say, it sends shivers down the spine. I sent the film off to a Television company in London who are the only ones that can transfer the film safely with its sound track. I have...
  11. Degsy

Pathe News clips

Facinating is the word. I have recently discovered a News reel shot during WWII with a family member being interviewed while serving in the RAF. I have sent it away to have it transfered to DVD.
  12. Degsy

CROWN GREEN BOWLING

Hi All Can anyone help with information on the old bowling green in Stirchley located behind the old swimming baths and meeting house, which is part of Stirchley Park. There is now only a faint outline where the green used to be and the builds have been demolished. Degsy
  13. Degsy

Marston Green Hospital

Hi all I have posted many photos of MGH as I was an Electrician there for 12 years. I would like to thanks all those who have posted stories as they bring back fantastic memories of a happy hospital. Many thanks Degsy
  14. Degsy

The Swan Yardley

Hi All Can anyone help me regarding The Swan Pub during the late 1960's. My brother was a DJ (The Lyndon Sounds) at The Swan on Tuesday and Sunday evening. I was only 15 years of age at the time and have very little memory. He supported such acts as 'Johnny Johnson and the Band Wagon'. Also...
  15. Degsy

Marston Green Hospital

More photos found of Marston Green Hospital
Back