• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by dawny58

1. D

Courtyards and yards of brum

the initials on the wall are my two sisters, Deb & Lorraine Lismore. we lived in that house until late 60s. (moved in 68/69).
  2. D

Courtyards and yards of brum

This house was ours! we lived at 1/12 primrose place. You can still see the initials that my sister wrote on the wall, DL and LL. We slept in the attic. the Abbott's family backed onto our house in the next yard to the right. We moved in 1968 due to demolition. happy days.
  3. D

Cleve Terrace

our surname was Baker. grandparents and aunts and uncles were called Brooke.
  4. D

Cleve Terrace

my grandparents and parents lived in Owen street until 1960s before demolition. I was born there!
  5. D

Birmingham Childrens' Homes in the 1950s

re- post 116. I meant to say that the message was for chrissieboop, looking for her Teresa relative! sorry.
  6. D

Birmingham Childrens' Homes in the 1950s

is there a chance that she may have been transported to OZ with the other UK child migrants? Many of these kids were taken without parents/family knowledge. worth a try..
  7. D

Weoley Castle Ruins

we used to play in there in early 70s. free to get in too. also used to play on the salt?mounds up the alley next to it.
  8. D

Sweets We Used To Have

spangles!
  9. D

chewing gum machines

Beechnut gum, that was small rectangular pieces, about 4? in a pack. You also got a free packet in every four bought from the machine!
  10. D

chewing gum machines

does anyone remember the wrigleys chewing gum machines on the walls outside shops?
  11. D

Piggot Street

re: pigott street and mrl Johnny Baker is alive and well! He remembers Michael Lloyd. Were you old friends or just knew each other from school etc?
  12. D

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

this is photo from the Clarke Street side. Ludlows lived just up from here
  13. D

Owen Street

my family lived in owen street. does anyone know of the deaf parents with large family and what happened to the mom?
Back