• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by dawnlees60

1. D

Bennett Family - Nechells

I would be your second cousin as my dad would of been your cousin I have sent you a message through this forum but you never answer Irene had 3 sons and 2 daughters my dad was her eldest son and had 1 son and 4 daughters his next brother had 1 son and 1 daughter his one sister had 1 son and 1...
  2. D

Davis alice

This is all a bit sinister as my step grandfather was called Frederick Davis but he was born in India and lived with my nan until they married in 1975 he died in 1981
  3. D

HANCOX' of Aston, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield and Smethwick

Hi I know this might not help but my great grandfather was Henry Edward Hancox I think he lived in Wheeler Street and was born in the the late 1800's I am also looking for information about him I think his wife was called Nellie my maiden name is Hancox
  4. D

Biddle

Hi I had an Uncle Frank Biddle he was a painter and decorator he had a shop in Slade Road Erdington he was married to my Auntie Jean they married in a church in Nechells they had 2 children Stephen and Helen I don't know my uncle Frank's date of birth but my may of some information about where...
  5. D

Hancox

OK I will see whether I can get a marriage certificate can we find out if they divorced thank you for your help
  6. D

Hancox

7. D

Hancox

I had a thread from someone who said was in the wardend area these are the addresses someone gave me 42 Jardine road 1919 and at 22 Jardine road in 1920 then at 1 Ebenezer cottage furnace lane then 118 Wardend Road from 1925 till 1930 then from 1935 at 43 New John St West if that's any help
  8. D

Hancox

I don't think he was married to my nan as she was still married Edward then and that would of made her a bigamist and she was a lot of things but not that he seems to be a red herring
  9. D

Hancox

Also Frederick Davis was born in India and didn't have a birth certificate and when married my nan he took her surname Hancox on the marriage certificate when Frederick died on 31st December 1981 the heads stone Frederick Hancox strange I know the date year for Uncle could be right and I think...
  10. D

Hancox

Hi Irene didn't remarry until 1975 until she married Frederick Davis her four children had the surname Hancox she never gave them their rightful surname which was Davis this is why I think my nan and Edward were still married until he died and then she married Frederick Davis I was born in 1960...
  11. D

Hancox

The dates fit in and I would of thought my grandad would of lived to about that age my nan remarried in 1975 so I guess they were never divorced but she was with her 2nd husband from 1936 onwards and she 2 sons and 2 daughters by him I will try and get a marriage certificate for my nan Irene...
  12. D

Hancox

I think so too I think I will start with marriage certificate first and that my help and then birth certificate thank you
  13. D

Hancox

Hancox I don't know anything of his family my mom says dad's mom said the family were from the Alum Rock area that's all I know we only found his name when we found my dad's birth certificate last year when he died
  14. D

Hancox

My nan was called Irene Hancox but once my dad was born Edward Henry Hancox disappeared she went on to have 4 children and married Frederick Davis in 1975 I just want to know what happened to my grandad Edward Henry Hancock and whether he ha more children or remarried thank you for helping me
  15. D

Hancox

Thank you very interesting