• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

DavidGrain's latest activity

• D
    DavidGrain replied to the thread ANN STREET CITY CENTRE.
    I have spoken to my friend who says that he does not remember when the current building was built as he was working for Lloyds Bank in...
  • D
    I have managed to find a photo of the 1960s Lloyds Bank Colmore Row but do not yet have a date when this was demolished. You may need to...
    • Lloyds Bank Colmore Row 1960s building.png
  • D
    DavidGrain reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Good music to listen to on U Tube with Appreciate Appreciate.
    after nearly 2 years of running and nearly 2700 posts we have decided that this thread has now run its course..many thanks to all our...
  • D
    Maurice. Actually Westminster Bank was in the blank space on the map that Mikejee posted on the corner of Colmore Row and Newhall...
    • 1618401014996.png
    • 1618401046228.png
  • D
    I encountered a neighbour of long standing last week on one of my dog walks. He is in his late eighties and has always been a person who...
  • D
    I have had 5 calls in two days, the first at 8.00am on Monday claiming to be from Amazon thanking me for my order and if I did not...
  • D
    Have just received a text message claiming to be from Lloyds telling me that an unknown device had been paired with my account and that...
  • D
    DavidGrain reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Good music to listen to on U Tube with Appreciate Appreciate.
    :grinning:
  • D
    DavidGrain replied to the thread Davenports.
    I have just come across this thread having made a reference to Davenports on another thread so I am posting this link...
  • D
    DavidGrain replied to the thread Air raid shelters.
    Yes there is a part 2 but very difficult to find. I have not watched that yet but I thought it would be easy to find as I was offered it...
  • D
    DavidGrain replied to the thread Air raid shelters.
    Have just been watching an old film about the history of Davenports Brewery It covers the story of the time in WWII showing the...
  • D
    Many thanks Viv, I am passing that information on to my friend.
  • D
    Viv Do you have any information about the location of Lloyds Bank at that time. A friend of mine has an old cheque drawn on Lloyds Bank...
  • D
    DavidGrain replied to the thread Elmdon Airport.
    I flew from the old terminal a few times in the 1970s and early 1980s but most of my international flights in those days I made by...
  • D
    DavidGrain replied to the thread Elmdon Airport.
    I think the aircraft would have been owned by Railway Air Services, a joint operation by the big four railway companies and Imperial...