• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by davidfowler

1. davidfowler

2020 BHF NEW YEAR MEET UP

Sorry it's a bit late but thanks to Lyn for arranging the meet. Good to catch up and nice to see the new owner of The Bull has kept its' character and good food.
  2. davidfowler

2020 BHF NEW YEAR MEET UP

Yes please.
  3. davidfowler

Old Photo Album

Thanks, maybe it was some type of hospital at the end of the First war.
  4. davidfowler

Old Photo Album

Although it's not relevant to Birmingham, I thought I'd post this picture. Hope it doesn't break the Forum's rules . I think that the photos are interesting regarding the fashion of the day. I think they're from the 1920s. The one with the nurses has an address hand written on the back, 11...
  5. davidfowler

Video Upload

Thanks Ell, just uploaded to YouTube.
  6. davidfowler

Train To Brum For A Lunch Meet

Thanks Bill, just uploaded it to YouTube so hope this works.
  7. davidfowler

Video Upload

Caught the Chiltern line train up to have lunch with an old work colleague at our favourite place - Rajdoot at the bottom of George Street. I've been going there, as well as when they were in Albert Street for nearly 40 years. I took a video on my phone of the arrival into Morr St station but I...
  8. davidfowler

Train To Brum For A Lunch Meet

Caught the Chiltern line train up to have lunch with an old work colleague at our favourite place - Rajdoot at the bottom of George Street. I've been going there, as well as when they were in Albert Street for nearly 40 years. I took a video on my phone of the arrival into Morr St station but I...
  9. davidfowler

Bromford Lane And Tyburn Road

That's right Alan, I took the photo with a wide angle lens.
  10. davidfowler

Thanks Bob, just waiting for Fiona Bruce to come to Banbury. But as they all say, "Thanks for the valuation , it's not for sale." From the seller: "A vintage original 1970’s screen printed linen West Midlands Birmingham bus blind section “Bromford Lane Tyburn Road” it measures approx 22cm x...
  11. davidfowler

Thanks Radiorails. Just have to convince my wife that I can frame it and hang in the office.
  12. davidfowler

I was born in Bromford Lane, as were the previous 2 generations of my family, in 1946 and moved round the corner to Tyburn Road in 1953. So when I saw this on ebay I just had to buy it! An old linen bus blind. Not sure which service, maybe No. 11 or one that ran up Tyburn Road to town.
  13. davidfowler

Photos - how to upload in posts

It's been some time since I uploaded a photo and have searched for such a topic but can't find one. Could someone kindly remind me how please? Thanks David
  14. davidfowler

Summer Meet

Good meet as usual, even I managed a couple of prizes. Also a good amount raised from the raffle.
  15. davidfowler

Lewis's

Whoops! Thanks Mike