• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by David Stamps

1. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Let me know if images reach you.. Thanks
  2. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Let me know please if images do reach you. Ta.
  3. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Photos I promised you. I just tried to upload the photos if St Peters school Church entrance as accidently damaged. Message says images to big to send.. I'm puzzled.
  4. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

It's an age think and age consequences! I'm looking through my old photos bit by bit. I lost many more old photos about 10 years ago when my computer failed, I never backed them up unfortunately. I've got my Harborne photos though, and some Selly Oak too. I'm trying to get more information on...
  5. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Hi. I've not forgotten about the photos. I'm experiencing some rather serious personal issues at present. Sorry. I'll be in touch at some point.
  6. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Next week I meant, sorry.
  7. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Yes. I'll try soon. I was serious amateur photographer once upon a time, I've never rated the best of phone images, very limited quality I've found. Speak again next or later this week.
  8. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Just a quickie. I can't print photos off on my system. I can get the photos scanned at Max Speilman though. Ive about 5-6 I can get copied, but they're about £2 each to copy. Can you scan or copy if I bring them to you some time after Xmas? I live in King's Norton so I'm fairly local to you...
  9. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Ok I'll be in touch sooner or later, thanks.
  10. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

I can print some after Xmas I thought think. I need to go through my collection, I have many local history photos but only them of the demolished arch in Grove Lane. I used do Street photos some time ago. I have others of harborne like Duke of York pub and the local street's when I was a bus...
  11. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Yes, great memories for me. I lived in Poole Crescent until 1965 or thereabouts. At Peters school until 1958.Mr Lloyd was the then headmaster there. Mr Radford my last teacher. I recall the 'prefab' style class room's that ran alongside the avenue to Harborne Park Rd. Larry and Roger the twins...
  12. D

Grove Lane, Harborne

Happy days in the 50s,walking up Grove Lane on route to St Peters school nearby. There was and still is a bank running parallel to the footpath in Grove Lane, used to think it was great to walk along the bank to and from school. Not much has changed along there in most recent years, the nunnery...
Back