• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by David Quick

1. D

Haddon and Stokes Digbeth

Re that photograph, I might be mistaken but is that Dave Clarke in the centre of the picture (black sweater)?
  2. D

Haddon and Stokes Digbeth

Re that photograph, I might be mistaken but is that Dave Clarke in the centre of the picture (black sweater)?
  3. D

Ionic Plating Works

Welcome to the thread Palmjit. Amazing how many pics have turned up over the last year or so. Lou Jones instantly recognisable. I wonder how many more pics still lurking in our cupboards. DQ
  4. D

Ionic Plating Works

Somebody put me right on this. Is that road forking off right Grove Street going towards the Cape & is the left fork with the cyclist Halberton Street?
  5. D

Ionic Plating Works

Hi Frankf7, what a great picture. Do you know approx when this was taken? If you've got any more pics you can share with us, please do. The thread has been quite active recently
  6. D

Cherrywood Road, Bordesley Green

Hi Matthew, there's not much in the memory bank but I always remember how Ada used to slice the bread by clutching the loaf & sawing towards her with a bread knife without injury. She was quite good at it. People didn't have a lot in those days, so breadboards were probably deemed unnecessary &...
Back