• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Davey N.

1. D

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

Yes that’s it.
  2. D

Shops Muntz st/The Cov

I worked at Payne’s Shoe Repairs a few doors along from the Cardrome, back in the mid 60’s when I left school. We were next door to a shop which I think was called Lisa Marie or something similar.
  3. D

Blakenhale Junior School

Couldn’t lie in with. the heat. I don’t know Roger Mullins, but knew most of the other families on the road.As for stories about the Farmers, not much more to tell, except that he & his mates nicked some headlampreflectors from Remploy scrap bins on Garretts Green, & Annie made a search light...
  4. D

Blakenhale Junior School

You might have known Philip Crouch who lived opposite me at No. 3 he's on here under the name lurchphoic . he gives an accurate account abourt Roy Allen's bro getting shot in his eye at Arnolds. ( dont know why my fonts changed!!
  5. D

Blakenhale Junior School

We all knew the Farmers, They lived on our road at No. 12. I could tell you a tale or two ,Allen was always in the wars, Playing cricket (bottom of the lamp post for Wickets) Allen was the Keeperm Pete Vaughan batting, Al thought the ball was wude, moved over to catch it te same time pete swung...
  6. D

Blakenhale Junior School

Yes Mal I knew Keith way back but not from school he was a mate of Allan Evans, my next door neighbour, & another mate Dave Miller who were both at school with him, sadly both Allan & Dave are no longer with us. Ain’t seen Keith since the 70’s.
  7. D

Blakenhale Junior School

Yes, Vincent, ( I believe his firstname was Ernie, that’s what he told me anyway). Great bloke. I remember one Sunday afternoon, Allan Evans & me were sitting on our kerb, when Vince came round Isaidcto Al “ want one” so I want to the van & asked him to sell me a block cut it in half, & put a...
  8. D

Blakenhale Junior School

Hi Mal,we didn’t do it from poolway, but did from the Cabin, & the outdoor atthe top of Comberton rd. before the King of Bohemia was built there.
  9. D

Paynes shoe repairs

I think Ivy & Bills son was Bernie.
  10. D

Paynes shoe repairs

I worked for Payne’s from1966 to 1976 at various shops Great times.
  11. D

Paynes shoe repairs

I worked at the Radleys sh man times between 1966 & 1976
  12. D

Church Road, Yardley.

I knew Martin Dawkins back in the 60’s
  13. D

Blakenhale Junior School

Too long, stay safe mate, speak again when more memories pop into mind.
Back