• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by DaveWall

1. DaveWall

Missing data from Forum

years ago I placed comments regarding the LOTE family of Kingstanding. They used to be neighbours. I placed it in the Surnames Forum - however there appear to be NO existing data whatsoever regarding the LOTE family - Just wondering - has the FORUM at some time lost all it's data ??.
  2. DaveWall

GEC Witton EDO 1965-1975

I worked at MCB from about 1967 for a couple of years - mainly on the H200 feeding stuff to the H800 - remember Tape updates of NBG Parts & NBG Drawings & shouted cries of 'Saveit" to stop a rewinding tape un loading after a fast rewind. I then moved out of the H800/H200 Computer room to the...
  3. DaveWall

Kingstanding

My brother would remember all of them - I'll get him to respond - mind you - you do say late 50's - we moved from 123 Hurlingham (next to the Lotes) in the early 50's. He's still able to quote almost all the neighbours on both sides - 70yrs on.
  4. DaveWall

Kingstanding

We were the middle house in the block of 3 in the piccy attached. As you can possibly tell - the original entry to the pimple was where the white car is now parked - (note the footpath/kerb crossover still in place) although when I was there that entry (about 15 foot wide) was closed at both...
  5. DaveWall

Kingstanding

I was looking through the forum comments regarding the 'Old' & 'New' Colleges and found a map being shown that indicates the hill North East of the Lodge Pool having the name of 'Branston' or 'Brunston' Hill. Perhaps someone having a better print of the map might be able to clarify. We lived at...
  6. DaveWall

Oscott Colleges (old Oscott And New Oscott)

With respect to the 'New College' - my brother tells me that he believes our dad was stationed at a 'barrage balloon' that was located in the grounds of the 'New College' during WW2 - since we lived at 123 Hurlingham Rd at the time this seems possible. I've searched & searched but with no...
  7. DaveWall

Oscott Colleges (old Oscott And New Oscott)

That surely says Oscott Cottage not College
  8. DaveWall

Could someone please have a go at these piccies - Thanks

Some people are so talented - you ought to make a living out of this. Absolutely wonderful - thank you so much. David Wall
  9. DaveWall

Hey, that's me your'e avin a go at. :playful:
  10. DaveWall

Some old family pics - in need of attention
  11. DaveWall

Victoria Law Courts

My Dad used to be one of the Stokers who kept the boilers going supplying hot water. He worked there from about 1947 till he retired in about 1970 or so. Several times as a kid I used to go in that first arched door in Coleridge Passage, down a ramp and into his workshop. Using the overhead...
  12. DaveWall

GEC WITTON WORKS

I sent a post earlier having just found this Forum (last few days) searched for things to do with GEC Witton. Found an early post by yourself asking about people remembering the Jenney name at Witton and I replied that I knew a Jenney in the Magnet Computer Bureau when I worked there in about...
  13. DaveWall

WWII Barrage Balloon Sites

Is there any way the missing images can be reinstated or are they lost forever. ? It's sad that there are so many memories but only a few real images.
Back