• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by DaveJvu

1. D

Harrison Jewellers in Birmingham and Handsworth

Hi Peter Well - Really nice to see a picture on the Harrison side so far back in time.... I don't think it is a military uniform (willing to be corrected!) and like you, I think a police uniform is likely... Cannot say that there is a family likeness... I guess that we are too diluted down the...
  2. D

Hello Cousin Peter Mk.III ! I am seriously thinking about putting out an appeal for more Davids (or others) to respond! :) I am just about to serve up tea to my ever demanding daughters - So I shall respond in full a little later... but could not resist a quick response now and glad I logged...
  3. D

My apologies - It should have read Key Hill Cemetary - L22 Catacomb 7, to be exact. My excuse "it was far too late and I should have been in bed!" You win the prize for spooting the deliberate mistake of the day. :friendly_wink: Cheers David
  4. D

Hello again - I would really like to pick up on our conversation again regarding the shared Harrison ancestry... Especially as I am in the planning stage of a trip to Birmingham.... Hoping to visit the family plot in the Kings Hill cemetary... I would be happy to take the oportunity to look into...
  5. D

Jet Manufacturing In Birmingham Circa 1863

Good evening PollyPops Excellent! Glad that this was a "positive" mention of the Harrisons... For a moment I was fearing someone in the family had been the perpatraitor.... Thank you for this - much appreciated - another little gem to set in the story... Best regards David
  6. D

Jet Manufacturing In Birmingham Circa 1863

I am researching my Harrison links in Birmingham and I would be grateful and interested in any information on the family and its jewelry business, etc: My four-times Great-Grandfather Henry Harrison (1786-1864) was a Jeweller and his eldest sons Henry (1813) and joseph (1815) went into...
  7. D

Hello Peters! I feel like the odd one out being called David :friendly_wink: Sorry I have not replied earlier... A busy week off here at home with my young daughters at the start of the Summer holidays... and watching the Olympics! If you wish to converse off-line, I can prepare something...
  8. D

Good evening / morning Cousin Peter! :fat: It is nearly 11:30 hear in the UK and I am about to hit the sheets after a long day out... Great to hear from you and I will be replying in full very soon... All ready to share what information I have... Speak very soon. David Babb-Farrell Harwell...
  9. D

Good evening I would be happy to and interested in looking into this for you - and who knows, there could be a link between our Harrisons... David Babb-Farrell
  10. D

Hi KD Thanks for the reply - Would your William be the son (b.1866) of Joseph and Emma? I would be interested in establishing a link... I could email a genealogy report detailing my Harrisons if you wish. Regards David Babb-Farrell
  11. D

Hello again Mike Strange parallels... my grandfather Charles Moses married an Ella Palmerwhose Semper roots came from Bath - my 4x great Grandfather Edward Semper was a TrunkMaker and Victualler... I was in the happy position in May of walking around the original premises (now a lighting...
  12. D

Hi Mike Many thanks for the swift response - Some very useful information gleaned there, some reconfirms my own discoveries, but some new information as well. 1823 Harrison Henry, Jeweler and Victualler, 26, Great Hampton Street - My 4x Great Grandfather - I would guess, although I didn't...
  13. D

I am researching my Harrison links in Birmingham and I would be grateful and interested in any information on the family: My four-times Great-Grandfather is Henry Harrison (1786, Birmingham and died 1864, Handsworth) married Sarah (1791, Birmingham and died 1856, Handsworth). Henry was a...
Back