• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Dave_G

1. D

1 Ford Raglan Yard, Thorp Street

Rosie, Mike Here is the address on the certificate! You may read it differently to i do.
  2. D

Wow, thanks Mike for the map! I don't get why it says Ford Raglan Yard on the certificate though, i'll have to scan it and upload it to this thread and see what you think?
  3. D

I have my great-grandparents (Frank William Goulden & Fanny Thompson) wedding certificate (1901). It states on the certificate that they both lived at 1 Ford Raglan Yard, Thorp Street, Birmingham, i think it might be just 1 Thorp St, Ford Raglan Yard? I've tried searching high and low, even...
  4. D

FAO: Residents of Chelmsley Wood (past and present).

Alberta, that private house on Greenlands Rd where Dr Pomeroy (my old doctor also) used to practice, is where my aunt and uncle now live, they bought the house from the doctors practice back then in the 1970's. I was brought up and lived on Chelmsley Wood for 20+ years, I don't live there now...
  5. D

Sloane Street

Hi Mike, thanks for information, much appreciated!
  6. D

Sloane Street

Hi all Just asking if anybody has any photo's or information on Sloane Street, B'ham? My great-grandparents Frank William & Fanny Goulden lived at 15 Sloane Street on the census's around the 1920's, they also come up as Golden on some census's which is a mistake. Thanks Dave
  7. D

Bull Family

Hi Alberta Yes this is my family tree. My aunt Doreen lived with Frank William & Fanny Goulden (her grandparents). My grandmother Caroline Violet Goulden had her name spelt as Goulding on her birth certificate for some reason, so the registrar got the spelling incorrect, probably a common...
  8. D

Today's Then and Now pics from Birmingham Mail

Hi sistersue61, jennyann & Jayell I put together the images stated in the thread below by sistersue61; the Birmingham Mail have contacted me and said that they would be interested in using these images on their Then and Now pics section. The only problem they have told me about is who owns the...
  9. D

The Minories - Modern & Old Together

Did you know that i got approached by a security guard yesterday and asked why i was taking photos; i showed him the old picture and he suddenly became interested in what i was doing.
  10. D

The Minories - Modern & Old Together

Went on my travels again today and snapped the Minories near the Old Square. I've blended the old image in with the current view and done half and half to show.
  11. D

Margaret Street - Modern & Old Together

Thanks Sue. What i really like about the old parts of the image is the workmen; they're doing hard labour work in trousers, shirt and tie; you won't see that nowadays!
  12. D

Margaret Street - Modern & Old Together

Popped out again today to take a current shot of Margaret Street, Birmingham. I spotted the sand bagging image from the old photo's thread and hope no one minds me using it? I was going to post this under my Aston Road North thread but was advised to start new ones.
  13. D

Aston Road North - Modern & Old Together

Hi Lyn Is it possible to change the name of this thread or should i create a new thread and upload the images again?
  14. D

This is Chester Street in Aston; the parts in colour is what is remaining in this street; It was difficult to superimpose the new buildings against the old factory building at the end of the road, but i think i got it?
  15. D

Ok, this is not Aston Road North, but i spotted this old photo and decided to capture the current view during my lunch break at work. This is the corner of Temple Row and Bull Street in Birmingham, showing the Ye Old Nelson Pub which was bombed in 1942 and the current building where the once...
Back