• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dave89's latest activity

• D
    Dave89 reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    In the absence of church services our parish secretary is emailing a weekly update and thought for the week. This week it included the...
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Mrs Bear 51's post in the thread Fathers Shoe Repair shop with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thank you all for your fabulous replies. He was indeed an Amateur Radio enthusiast and frequently ran a 'network' for those people...
  • D
    Dave89 replied to the thread Fathers Shoe Repair shop.
    Hi 1960s to 1970s address 390 Green Lane Small Heath, so very local to his shop, - by 1985 at the Scribers Lane Hall Green address...
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Radiorails's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Southwold, Suffolk, is mentioned a few times in this thread. It has a Birmingham connection besides that of tourism. Crown Bedding Co...
  • D
    Dave89 replied to the thread THESE TRYING TIMES.
    Hi Alan, My memories of the bedding factory are from the 40s, 50s, and 60s, and it was always known as the Fordux, which I believe was...
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Dave M's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Cannock German Cemetery worth a visit
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Lady Penelope's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The last time we visited Theberton it was a very hot, sunny day and the were holding a fete but I can remember what it was in aid of...
  • D
    Hi Penny, Nor can I ! I really must take the first opportunity when the lockdown ends. Big Gee's mention of the Zeppelin (the L48)...
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Morturn's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I like Southwold too. Managed to have a week there in February before the lockdown. I quite like the Under the Pier Show, an alternative...
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Lloyd's post in the thread Birmingham buses with Appreciate Appreciate.
    14 Route Lea Hall garage and in particular the 14 route was used to try out several 'demonstration' buses either bought by or loaned to...
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to www.midlandspubs.co.uk's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Morning cake at that tea room ...
  • D
    Hi Lady P, I have been through Yoxford many years ago, as I remember turning off the old A45 near there to pick up the A12 to go to...
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Lady Penelope's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Sorry, very senior moment alert! In my post #1205 I should have said Yoxford not Yoxall. Yoxford is in Suffolk so nowhere near Yoxall!
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Edifi's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Dave Stayed at a lovely converted barn 8 miles north of Beccles for the New Year.Also called into Southwold ,Great Pier all those names.
  • D
    Dave89 reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    A few Southwold pictures from 1998. (Better slip an “n” in the Adams before Midlandpubs comes round)...