• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Dave Porter

1. D

Byng Kenrick Girls' Grammar School

Really lol!!? And it was Mickey Ballard
  2. D

Yeah, Jackie Beebee is her sister in law. Yeah remember Mike, big into his Rugby, played for the civil service I think. Gill Beebee died, don't know how long ago or circumstances, something her husband John told my son when he said I knew Jill. Well, I knew John too, they used to give me a lift...
  3. D

Hi, remember all those names, and that Sue McCannon was from Devon. Didn't Chris Grant join the police force? I'm still married to Lesley. I occasionally see Steve Ewer who lives five minutes from me. Not sure you will know him but some of the others will. He still works for the DWP up at Five...
  4. D

Yeah Sue, I remember catching the No.14 bus with you and you married Phil's brother. Don't see anyone from those days, bumped into a few over the years. Still work at the Inland Revenue, just two days a week.
  5. D

Central Grammar, International School Tile Cross

Thanks Ian, don't think I will attend, but again thanks. I should also thank Mr Hutton for getting me to pass geography o-level. He told me I wouldn't and wanted to prove him wrong. Perhaps he was a leading exponent of reverse psychology
  6. D

A bit late to the party, discovered this site when googling Sam Doble. I remember Janet Glew and May (the Devils)- how could I forget! Thanks John but my tax inspector days long gone. And it was definitely Mickey Ballard who married someone from Byng Kendrick, name escapes me now
  7. D

Central Grammar, International School Tile Cross

I was at Central Grammar 1967-1973. Remember all those teachers, Crut was my first form teacher, room at the top of the stairs opposite another first year form. Claim to fame, same year as Kevin McNally
Back