• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Dave P

1. D

Louise Lorne Rd Moseley

The same Mr Flaherty who, with his brother, owned most of Wharfdale Rd industrial units alongside the canal and truckstop (old BCHC yard I think)?
  2. D

Louise Lorne Rd Moseley

In the early 80's Peter DeJong had a workshop somewhere along there repairing & restoring Mk2 Jaguars
  3. D

Midland Red Around Birmingham.

Thanks for the reply, confirms what I thought dad worked out of Sheepcote St.
  4. D

Bordesley green

Great pictures, so many memories and insight into the area before my time. Lived in Eastfield Rd BGE from 1968 - 76 and my mom only moved from there 3.5 years ago.
  5. D

Guildford Street Lozells

Re: Guildford Street Very frightening indeed! I remember being totally surprised at the news from Mr Sims, and yes I too remember Mrs Burton, Mr Tapper, Philip, Sandra, and Ronnie, however not Alan Lea.
  6. D

Guildford Street Lozells

Re: Guildford Street Hi Gina, I'm good thanks, hopefully you are also? Yes, we lived at 29/146 Guildford St (Gladstone Terrace) and moved out in November 1968. As we moved to Bordesley Green East I ended up at Bordesley Green Grammar Technical school. Living in Pype Hayes now adays, married 3...
  7. D

Guildford Street Lozells

Re: Guildford Street Hi Gina, yes it's me! It's been a long time but I do remember you from Junior school.
  8. D

Bowens

According to the Mail it's true, they are in administration.
  9. D

Midland Red Around Birmingham.

Did the 118 also run from Sheepcote Street - my dad used to drive them in the 60's and I'm fairly certain he worked from there and never Bearwood.
  10. D

Garages And Service Stations

1973 - 75 did my second and third year apprenticeship in the Vauxhall workshops plus a little time in BMW (Rydale) and Bedford Truck. Ryland merged with Thomas Startins to become Rystar who then became part of the Lookers Group (including the old Elt Bros Vauxhall/Bedford dealers) later. Funny...
  11. D

Jeans Cafe - Silver Street, Kings Heath

Karspray Ltd was the car body repair concern that became Miniman I think.
  12. D

Old birmingham car dealer, evans and kitchen

E&K became P J Evans Ltd including Archers in Shirley then part of the Evans Halshaw empire.
  13. D

Where is This? Garages #9

From memory Checkpoint was owned by two brothers and another brother worked at PJ Evans in town - the names Barry and Briam are vaguely recalled. Are you related?
  14. D

Where is This ? #187

Shaftmooor Lane Acocks Green/Tyseley?
  15. D

Salvation Army

Sorry for the delay, been away for a couple of days with work. Only contacts nowadays are my family (Probyn) and my wifes family (Moore). It's been a long time since any of us went to South Yardley but do rember the following families: Harris, Morgan, Mason, and Stanley. Do you know any of us/them?
Back