• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Dave Bath

1. Dave Bath

Bracebridge Street

2. Dave Bath

Bracebridge Street

3. Dave Bath

Aston - Miscellaneous Pictures

Hello everyone especially Astonian. I'm looking for a photo of Astonian's favourite pub, The Victoria Hotel (Widow's). Anybody got one? Cheers , Dave
  4. Dave Bath

Victoria Inn Lichfield Road

Hello everyone especially Astonian. I'm looking for a photo of Astonian's favourite pub, The Victoria Hotel. Anybody got one? Cheers , Dave
  5. Dave Bath

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

Great but I'm still looking for my special part of Bracebridge Street!
  6. Dave Bath

Arthur and ann lavender

Happy New Year to all BHF members. I am looking for information pre and post the 1881 Census regarding the family Lavender as I am led to believe that this Family Tree is linked to my own Bath Family Tree or the Bunford/Arnold Family Trees somewhere in the past and was linked again possibly...
  7. Dave Bath

St Mary's church Aston

Re: St Mary's church Aston/Aston Brook St/Hubert St/Chester Street etc; Hi Pauline, I would have sworn Roger lived in Hubert St. Another classmate you might have known lived in Chester St, Richard Hawkins. The 3 of us used to play in Rudders & Paynes woodyard. Roger broke his leg jumping from 1...
  8. Dave Bath

St Mary's church Aston

Hi Pauline, A very clever lad named John Weare lived above the doctors house around 1955/56. He was another friend of mine from St. Mary's Junior School, tall and wiry with red hair. He is now a nuclear physicist - that's how clever he is. Roger Hammond - same class - also lived in Hubert...
  9. Dave Bath

The Boys Brigade

Jennifer, Have you any info at all on my dad, Arthur Bath, who I would guess was in the BB during the 2nd WW?
  10. Dave Bath

TOWER ROAD ASTON B6

Andy, Did you find what you are looking for?
  11. Dave Bath

TOWER ROAD ASTON B6

Hi Andy, I have one or two but you can find all posts on Tower Road if you type 'Tower Road, Aston' in the search block.
  12. Dave Bath

anglesey street

Hi Lyn Hope you are well. Any chance you still have the oriiginal photos that you could re-post on the thread or email to me. An old mate of mine, Graham Simcox, lived in Angelsey Street and I would like to send them to him. Anyone remember him or his family? c1940's to c1960's
  13. Dave Bath

Bracebridge Street

Hi Lyn, Sorry, can't help you with the darts team. The guy on the left could be Tommy Hartley the local illegal bookie from across Aston Road? My dad was in the domino team (and the drinking team after hours when Wilson-Jones owned the pub!!!).
  14. Dave Bath

My dad

Hi Lyn, Just read about your sad news. Our condolences to you a your family. Love from Barbara and Dave.
  15. Dave Bath

St Mary's Cof E School, Avenue Rd, Aston

Hi Christine, Who am I? I often wonder! I was born in 1944 and lived at 2 back of 26 Bracebridge Street. I don't recognise your name or the other names you mention so I suspect we are not in the same age group. I was at St. Mary's Infant & Junior from 1949 to 1955. That's who I am. If you have...
Back