• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by dao223

1. D

Gravelly Hill - Slade Road / The Slade

Looking at the picture with the stationary shop - I think this is the bottom of Hunton Hill, where it meets Slade Road - and Fred Hanks is just visible in the distance on the curve of the road. Fred Hanks closed down a few/couple of years ago now, and is currently being converted into something...
  2. D

The Brookvale, Slade Road, Erdington

I remember the off licence - Anne Angus was the name above the door - I used to spend my pocket money there on Friday nights buying Mason's Dandelion and Burdock and sweets. The off licence is now more of a convenience shop, but still listed as "K Wines" - still selling alcohol. I think Ann had...
  3. D

Gravelly Hill - Slade Road / The Slade

Eric Holden ?
  4. D

Salford Park Photos Please

Re: Salforg park photo,s please, I know it's been a while since this was posted, but I was wondering... The picture looking towards the railway bridge on Slade Road includes a row of early 1900's houses, other pictures of the junction with George Road show similar houses where the Brookvale...
Back