• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by DaleM

1. DaleM

G H Elliott - music hall performer

thank you. I had a suspicion it might be. She bears a striking resemblance to him
  2. DaleM

Hi all, does anyone know who this woman might be? It is a very rare photograph within a card Passepartout or mount , part of the GH Elliott items I own and it belonged to GHE.
  3. DaleM

Birmingham Odeon

Great Photo. Haven't seen that before. Would love to see more!! Thanks for posting this / Dale
  4. DaleM

Glad you liked my rare photograph. I have a few more items that are extremely rare. Original GHE music hall posters that I believe are the only ones in existence. Did you know that GHE was at one time, the sole proprietor of an entertainment venue called 'The Cosy Corner' at 143a Clapham Road...
  5. DaleM

I noticed that someone stated that GH Elliott was Birmingham born but I think he was born in Rochdale, Lancashire in 1882? Did you know that GH Elliott and his family moved to America during the 1890s and he appeared on stage there billed as 'The American Wonder, Master George Elliott' ( The...
  6. DaleM

Birmingham Odeon

Do you remember the gig you saw? I worked at the Odeon and there were no fences infront of the stage after 1977 when the stage was extended. for more great info and photos on the Odeon and it's shows , join my Facebook page Birmingham Odeon Memorial...
Back