• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by dalehunt

1. D

Contact with another researcher via Ancestry

Cannot understand him, I am on Ancestry and I am overjoyed when I find information from other users, I have all my birth,deaths,and marriage Certificates scanned into my public Family History and anyone is welcome to take any info the need, In this day and age it is expensive to research, so me...
  2. D

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Yes I am sure I knew him,we was a tight knit mob and we always covered each others backs trouble is putting faces to names after all this time...
  3. D

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink hi Foxbat my brother Richard and I was red coats along with others, little billy was one I remember, but the one that really sticks out was pete, he was the head red coat and hard as nails if any of us had trouble with yobs we told him and just stood back, if i...
  4. D

Lichfield Road Aston

Thanks Stars two more superb memories, I had forgot about the Aston Station Stores Well done dave
  5. D

Lichfield Road Aston

Hi Stars thanks for taking me down memory lane and congrats at being a great grandad, brings back thoughts of when i was a lad, always in the pet shop with nearly all the kids in the area, well done again...
  6. D

Lichfield Road Aston

Hi as most the photographs have been hacked off this wonderful site, I wonder if anyone has any Photos of Lichfield Road, Aston they can show, I looked at the old thread but alas what was there has gone missing...
  7. D

Queens Rd Aston

I lived in church lane and i had my first ever pint in the queens hotel, age 15 walked up to the bar and asked for a pint of mild with all my mates laughing behind me, if the gaffer didnt know i was under age he must have been barmy, i couldn't drink that mild now horried stuff !!!!!!
  8. D

Swimming Lessons

You are Lucky, only had one lesson also at Victoria Baths, I was at St Thomas Street then around 1967, I cannot remember the teacher but he took me into the deep end held me out and&nbsp;I sank like a stone<br>I was frightened to death, after that&nbsp;I used every excuse in the world to get out...
  9. D

Swimming Lessons

You are Lucky, only had one lesson also at Victoria Baths, I was at St Thomas Street then around 1967, I cannot remember the teacher but he took me into the deep end held me out and I sank like a stone I was frightened to death, after that I used every excuse in the world to get out of lessons...
  10. D

Pigs Escaped From Slaughterhouse

When I was a young lad around 7 - 9 years old I was on my school holidays and had to go with my mom and dad who worked at my Grandfather's wood yard in Chapel Street in the Centre of Birmingham, the one thing I remember more than anything was the Marsh and Baxters Slaughter house across the...
  11. D

Church Lane and Church Road, Aston

yes remember mr drinkwater he had two shops knocked into one for some reason but he only opened one side.
  12. D

Various street pics

well done lynn superb as usual dave
  13. D

Saltley / Duddeston & Nechells Area

superb collection of photos you should be proud to hold the past in you hands like this well done !!
  14. D

oh great these were our local shops fantastic, the drug store was run by a old lady that could really lay lay into any cheeky children with her tounge and next door was the grocery shop where we got our 2 fags for sixpence!!!! trying to think of the name of the woman who run it ? bunty ? or...
  15. D

Those are the masonettes in church lane they are still standing today and was built in the late 60,s next to the local shops...
Back