• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by daisy1111

1. D

WW2 Service Records

this information is fantastic, i have been trying to locate information on my grandad who served in world war 2 but regardless of how many sites i have joined and paid for i cant find anything. i have just sent off a cheque to the mod for £30 to see what they come up with. his nme was frederic...
  2. D

world war 2 medals

thank you Colin, i id try these but they said i couldnt request until 2014.
  3. D

world war 2 medals

thank you i did try this but they only have information available for WW1
  4. D

world war 2 medals

hello all, i was wondering if you could help me. i am aware my grandad was a sergeant in WW2 and received some medals although i cannot find out what these are. is anyone able to help? Thomas frederic Parfitt = 17/11/1918 - 6/1/1991
  5. D

Dead End - 1800s Bowden, Parfitt, Walton, Wright, Wickett, Nest, Hudson

hello all, i would really lie to follow the parfitt line of my family tree. I have had a lot of luck with the other aspects thanks mainly to people on here and their help and generoisity. there doesnt seem to be any leads though with Charles Parfitt he had a son harry parfitt in 1875 who went...
  6. D

welcome to the thread Mr wickett!! Do you mind if i ask where you slot into the family tree? i have the family from 1813 ti date and would love to get some more information from you. perhaps you could send me a private message with your email? thank you everyone for all of your help and i am...
  7. D

Hello, I have come to a dead end on the threads of my family tree if anyone can hlep on the following that would be great. Joseph Bowden born 1804 in Devizes married Eliza Hudson in May 1828 - I have no information on their parents. Edwin Bowden born 1849 married Mary Pace on the...
  8. D

Wickett Family History

Thank you Tricia but this doesnt seem to link in with the Wicketts i am following.
  9. D

Parfitt

ut his fathers and great grandfathers name i should be able to eliminate him from my search!! Thank you so much for your help
  10. D

Hemming history - Kidderminster

thank you!!! x
  11. D

Parfitt

thats fantastic, would you mind passing my name on and my email address (i will send you privately) I know somef the Parfitts went to Aston but without talking to him (if he is interested in talking to me) i wouldnt be able to work out if he is a distant relative!!
  12. D

Parfitts! Are you out there -

I am trying to locate the following people (or their relatives as some will no longer be with us). they are my fathers aunts and uncles and i dont really know where to start, so any advise greatfully received!! Their mother was: Maria Walton and father Harry Parfitt Harry, had a son called...
  13. D

Parfitt

I am interested in speaking with any Parfitts living in the Birmingham area as it seems most of my fmaily settled there and i d onot have much information on them
  14. D

im sorry but i do not understand the information below
  15. D

hi all, i have managed to track down some certificates so i have more information but if anyone can fill in the gaps that would be great. George Owen born 6.05.1891 had a father George Owen and a mother Charlotte Guest but i do not have dates of births or addresses for these. Mary...