• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by curlyedna

1. C

St. John's Approved School

I Know the team that's there now moved from cherry st B'ham to st johns (kingsmere). I remember we did a charity walk on the moors but the weather got so bad we had to end the walk. Gilbert (Edit: nickname) was one of the staff who went with us. We had to wear these old hiking boots and walk the...
  2. C

Many thanks,oh bob is the store room next to pentlands still there,it was where they sent the naughty nun's. merry Christmas all x
  3. C

. I've been looking for yrs and everytime I hit a brick wall. He was always true to his word and honest,I used to visit him when he worked in the new sure unit and they had carpet on the floor,lol. In pentlands (old secure unit) we had wooden flooring and a scrubbing brush,bucket and on your...
  4. C

Hi bob,I'm in that book!! I would like to know if you know of any contact details for Jones,he used to work on aston view. I've called st johns (remand centre) but they have no info on any of the staff that worked there,then. I used to go and visit him in the late 90's. But lost touch over the...
  5. C

Hi all,I would just like to say a thank you Jim for all your help with this site.I was in St johns chs in late 70s early 80s. I remember be taken up the drive and walking in that big front door,if you went left at the door there was a massive walk way with mesh above your head. Then if you went...
Back