• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by cresser

1. cresser

Lodge Hill Cemetery

Hi Andy, Hopefully, you can see the image of Lodge Hill Cemetery in this post, if so, you can see that section 47 is 4th one in from the left on the top row. I do not know if it is a communal or individual grave to be honest, but the address for the cemetery is: Weoley Park Road, B29-5AA...
  2. cresser

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Hi Edifi, Yes, it must have been a shock to the man`s family, but he was - sadly - not alone, there were many many men who became victims of this, many never recovered and many were not treated as being ill. Monyhull Colony, as was, was actually on Monyhull Hall Road, between Kings Heath and...
  3. cresser

Hobbies 2015 - 2019

Thank You to everyone who replied to this post. I do appreciate peoples efforts, and will certainly look up the suggested companies and forums. Thanks very much all. cresser.
  4. cresser

Hobbies 2015 - 2019

Hi all, I am a frustrated woodworker - a very frustrated amateur woodworker!. I have been trying to find a UK supplier local or otherwise, of `flat top` tablesaw blades. All I seem to find even though I always put `UK` in my search, are USA suppliers. Does anyone know of anyone who does deal...
  5. cresser

These intials?

Hi pjmburns, Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it, cheers, cresser.
  6. cresser

These intials?

Hi Phil, Yes, that does make sense, and thank you for your reply, appreciated. cresser.
  7. cresser

These intials?

Hi all, I have a map of the Garden of Rest at Lodge Hill Cemetary, and where my G/Fathers ashes were scattered, and it records the area as `2 WTS`. Can anyone tell me what these initials mean.There are other such as; ETL, WTL, ETS as well but these are in different areas. Thank You, cresser.
  8. cresser

The Old Gladiator Pub On Bells Lane Druids Heath

Hi all, Just wondering because I drive past it a lot, but what are they doing with the old Gladiator on Bells Lane. A lot of trouble has gone into refurbing it, but I wonder what it going to be used for. Cheers, cresser.
  9. cresser

Night Time Fledge?

Hi all, I wonder if anyone out there with more knowledge than myself, could tell me. Do chicks fledge at night?. I ask this because we have had a pair of Great Tits using a nestbox right outside our patio doors, I know there were chicks in there as I could hear them quite clearly, how many I...
  10. cresser

No Email.....

Hi all, I live in the Kings Heath area, is anyone else - who has their internet provided by Virgin - having trouble accessing their emails?. I have not been able to do this for 4 days now and despite contacting Virgin, I am no nearer getting this resolved. Cheers, cresser.:(
  11. cresser

Lodge Hill Cemetery Burial Records, Where Do I Look?

To aston lad, (post number 2) Thanks for the link to burial records, I`ve now used it 4 times and found records of family, Cheers. cresser.
  12. cresser

Searching for a burial - Harry Hall died 1975

Hi Pauline, I Googled Hollies Croft and it showed that Hollies Croft was a cul-de-sac between the Bristol Road and Pershore Road, near to the Edgbaston cricket ground. I wonder if Lodge Hill might be where Harry was taken?, worth a try I suppose.
  13. cresser

Brooke. Brandwood End Cemetary

Eddie, I have just been up to B.E. and found the location of the grave you wanted. Unfortunately, it is completely unmarked, no headstone - nothing. I have taken 5 images of the plot and can let you have them, I personally prefer to email them as I think it is easier, if you can PM me your email...
  14. cresser

Brooke. Brandwood End Cemetary

Eddie, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I have just not had time to look at this site for a while, anyway, as I now have the details I will endeavour to locate and photograph anything that may be visible for you today - it is just a short walk for me and shouldn`t take long. I...
Back