• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by CraigyB

1. C

Courtyards and yards of brum

My dad would have lived in a similar house to this one. 10 BK 79 Vicarage Road
  2. C

VICARAGE ROAD ASTON

Yep, seen those and they are great but I can't make out the location in relation to the schools etc.
  3. C

VICARAGE ROAD ASTON

Thanks Eric, I take it that all of the old houses were flattened? My granddad worked at the goods railway yard apparently at the bottom of the road, but these were all stories my dad told me as a kid, he spoke about large horses stabled at the railway yard and also watching Villa from the road...
  4. C

VICARAGE ROAD ASTON

Hi Eric, sorry I'm new to this. My dad lived at 10 Bk 79 Vicarage Road, from 1926 till about 1944. Can you point out exactly where that house would have been on the map? You may have known my dad or my family, they were the Benton family. There was Arthur, Frank, Amy and my dad Ron.
Back