• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by coopbill7

1. coopbill7

Where is This #207?

Curdworth?
  2. coopbill7

high st..erdington

Lynda the picture house was opposite the CO-OP
  3. coopbill7

Where is This? Pubs # 8

The fox and goose washward heath?
  4. coopbill7

Shoe Repair

My Mom repaired our shoes -----cut up cardboard and put over the holes,in our shoes,:redface: hence the Daily Mail boots!!
  5. coopbill7

R.A.F pershore worcestershire

Oh!:shocked: that's what they are!!!! not only do I assume,but I don't look, I stand duly chided
  6. coopbill7

whoops!!!!! see what assuming gets you,:redface: I thought you were a serving AIRMAN, I should have realised when you mentioned wraf huts. the "Sweat box" was the local village hall were they held dances once a week. no wonder a nice young police women(such as yourself) had not heard of it
  7. coopbill7

They would have been happier if you had visted the "Sweat box":D
  8. coopbill7

Patrick lichfield photos

point taken John
  9. coopbill7

Patrick lichfield photos

John, did you see the back of the pictures? they had a label marked Lichfield studios on them. so I would imagine that they would be genuine plus the signature adds weight to their authenticity
  10. coopbill7

1948 RAF POLICE fully committed to support the operation. RAF POLICE School moves from RAF Staverton to RAF Pershore.
  11. coopbill7

Patrick lichfield photos

Lyn, I don't want to muddy the waters, but in one of the pictures you have wind turbines on a hill side I have a feeling that might be in Spain,I Have seen the same going towards Alcoy costa Blanca. plus one of the other photos I saw yesterday had shown cactus. It well maybe that the pictures...
  12. coopbill7

Remember the "Sweat box" if you were late you got the ugly ones!!!
  13. coopbill7

Main gate and guardroom I was stationed there in 1953/4 it was then a flying school
  14. coopbill7

BHF Meeting

one word brilliant
  15. coopbill7

Where did you live

born dudley rd hospital, 1934/1938 rowland grove, lozells.1938/1956 Pype Hayes road Erdington, 56/58 Pool street Aston.and New Summer street, 58/60 Lea Ford road lea village, 60/76 coralin close chelmsley wood,76/2009 Cannock,South Wales, Shrewsbury,and now Cheslyn Hay.
Back