• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by cookie273uk

1. cookie273uk

Windows 10

Just checked on Argos, just realised my 18 yo great grandson has one, wondered what it was. Eric
  2. cookie273uk

Windows 10

Thanks all for explanation, I'm at an age when it difficult to grasp new technologies but I have an idea now what it is. I will stick to my Acer Predator tower PC Windows 10 which I can understand (mostly). I have not even got a mobile phone, I slung that in March when I packed up motoring after...
  3. cookie273uk

Windows 10

I know this is a naïve question but what exactly is an iPad ? Most of the posts on this thread are beyond my understanding but I would like to know what an iPad is. Eric
  4. cookie273uk

Steelhouse Lane Lock Up

They have since use the painting to make a 1000 piece jigsaw surrounded by some of the peaky blinder villains who spent time in there, pic attached. Eric
  5. cookie273uk

SALFORD BRIDGE AREA NEW PHOTOS

Ray, I always credit the owner of the pics (where known) and will certainly will do so in your case. I lived near there donkeys years ago, Queens Rd and Vicarage Rd. If I do a painting it will be donated to the raffle at our next meet assuming we ever have one. Thanks Eric
  6. cookie273uk

SALFORD BRIDGE AREA NEW PHOTOS

Ray, these are the sort of scenes I like to paint, would you mind if I painted one or two of them in the future ? Eric
  7. cookie273uk

Painting for an exam

I think it was the Goddess Minerva, there is a copy of the bust in the roman baths in Bath
  8. cookie273uk

Painting for an exam

Whilst sorting out my studio this turned up, it is a painting of a Michel Angelo bust I completed for an A level art exam at Brooklyn college in 1986, I was 56 at the time, certainly the oldest student in the class, I love the roman nose ! I got an A plus. Eric
  9. cookie273uk

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

The amount of bad language on TV disgusts me, maybe I am old fashioned but I watch very little TV now and this is one of the reasons. I tried watching Mrs Browns Boys and switched off after a few minutes because of the language, is it really necessary ? The old comedy shows where funny without...
  10. cookie273uk

Prefabs

Many years ago I knew some one who lived in a Prevab who said how difficult it was to keep them warm in the winter, apart from that they liked them. Eric
  11. cookie273uk

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

My son in law Alan Payne worked there for 42 years straight from school, he retired from there about 8 years ago, do not know what department he was in. Eric
  12. cookie273uk

Elmdon Airport

David, I have never flown on a B747 either but have flown on a B707 (post#661) more than once with my late wife to Malta from Birmingham in the early 80's with Air Malta. Eric
  13. cookie273uk

Hobbies 2020

Morturn, I like that, colorful and nice and loose, drawing not bad either and a good composition, the pen work brings it all together. My paintings can be a bit 'tight', but that is the style I've developed over the years. A wonderful relaxing hobby. Eric
  14. cookie273uk

Cannon Hill Park

I remember around 70's/80's they had an Art Centre there, I took 2 courses, Art History and Watercolour Basics, I bet that is long since gone. Eric
  15. cookie273uk

Computer help please.

I have BT fibre optic giving 48 mbps but I never download films etc... so I suppose speed is irrelevant. Not being PC wise I don,t know what the advantage of speed is ? Eric