• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

cookie273uk's latest activity

• cookie273uk
    cookie273uk reacted to ColinPT's post in the thread Brookvale Park & Witton Lakes with Appreciate Appreciate.
    From 1963 to 1974 I lived in one of the four-storey maisonettes in Faulkner's Farm Drive, overlooking the Lakes, where friends and I...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Windows 10.
    Just checked on Argos, just realised my 18 yo great grandson has one, wondered what it was. Eric
  • cookie273uk
    Thanks all for explanation, I'm at an age when it difficult to grasp new technologies but I have an idea now what it is. I will stick to...
  • cookie273uk
    I know this is a naïve question but what exactly is an iPad ? Most of the posts on this thread are beyond my understanding but I would...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Steelhouse Lane Lock Up.
    They have since use the painting to make a 1000 piece jigsaw surrounded by some of the peaky blinder villains who spent time in there...
    • Screenshot (292).png
  • cookie273uk
    Ray, I always credit the owner of the pics (where known) and will certainly will do so in your case. I lived near there donkeys years...
  • cookie273uk
    Ray, these are the sort of scenes I like to paint, would you mind if I painted one or two of them in the future ? Eric
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk reacted to Ray Griffiths's post in the thread SALFORD BRIDGE AREA NEW PHOTOS with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Salford Bridge Area 32-39 Sept 1967
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk reacted to Ray Griffiths's post in the thread SALFORD BRIDGE AREA NEW PHOTOS with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Salford Bridge Area 21-31 Sept 1967
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Painting for an exam.
    I think it was the Goddess Minerva, there is a copy of the bust in the roman baths in Bath
  • cookie273uk
    Whilst sorting out my studio this turned up, it is a painting of a Michel Angelo bust I completed for an A level art exam at Brooklyn...
    • A level art.jpg
  • cookie273uk
    The amount of bad language on TV disgusts me, maybe I am old fashioned but I watch very little TV now and this is one of the reasons. I...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Prefabs.
    Many years ago I knew some one who lived in a Prevab who said how difficult it was to keep them warm in the winter, apart from that they...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Cadbury's Bournville Factory.
    My son in law Alan Payne worked there for 42 years straight from school, he retired from there about 8 years ago, do not know what...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Elmdon Airport.
    David, I have never flown on a B747 either but have flown on a B707 (post#661) more than once with my late wife to Malta from...