• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

cookie273uk's latest activity

• cookie273uk
    I encountered a neighbour of long standing last week on one of my dog walks. He is in his late eighties and has always been a person who...
  • cookie273uk
    Re post #204, I'm a great fan of Gilbert Becaud, good voice and sings with feeling, I particular like his duet with Isabelle Boulay...
  • cookie273uk
    I have had a request for a second painting of Saint Michaels, the last one an Autumn scene, this one a winter scene and different view...
    • Saint Michaels Boldmere.JPG
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Covid vaccination process.
    Had my 2nd Jab last Saturday, no after effects whatsoever just like the 1st on in Jan. Eric
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk reacted to izzy eckerslike's post in the thread Hobbies 2021 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    No, it's not me, it's one of many copies I made of the old masters, so it's a self portrait of Rubens, the original is in Windsor...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Midland Educational.
    I worked there for 7 months after I took early retirement from BT till the shop closed in the 80's after being bought by Next. I was...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Done it.
    Yes Alberta, I have seen that view of Toby and me on Street view, our house is 6 doors down on the right. Toby as been gone a year last...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Done it.
    I shall have been retired 26 years this June and have never been bored or short of things to do, looking after house and small garden...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk reacted to Nico's post in the thread In The Garden 2021 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Where's Wally?
  • cookie273uk
    Happy Birthday Frothy and many more to come. Eric
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Rose Villa Tavern.
    Claire, I have painted many of Birmingham's pubs including the Rose Villa Tavern, attached
    • Rose Villa tavern (2).jpg
    • Rose Villa tavern (2).jpg
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread Elmdon Airport.
    David, I have always flew from Birmingham because I only live 3 miles away, apart from once from Heathrow and once from East Midlands. Eric
  • cookie273uk
    Vivienne, MY late Wife and I actually flew from the old/original airport in the late 70's to Tunisia, no airbridges then you had to walk...
  • cookie273uk
    I vaguely remember being at the opening of the Airport in 1939 as a 9 year old child, my father worked for Bryant's the main...
  • cookie273uk
    cookie273uk replied to the thread It’s Banjo’s birthday !.
    Many Happy returns Banjo. Eric