• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by COLINSTARK

1. C

Tile Cross Infants & Junior School Shiretone School

I am stunned reading this from you. My main teacher for, at least, 3 years was Miss Pullen, later to become Mrs Walker. We were very fortunate to have such a lovely lady to teach us. I was at Shirestone from about 1953 until 58 when I went to Central Grammar in Gressel Lane. I lived in Leycroft...
  2. C

Southalls factory

No, sorry--I was only 17 at the time. I think that Iwas too young to drink! The football team was not connected to the Brookhill Pub. Although in Birmingham most of the good players were sent to Wolverhampton for trials, except Bunny Larkin-Bert Linnecore and John Watts who went to the Blues...
  3. C

Southalls factory

I worked for a cleaning company every Friday night. Boy was it dusty. We used ladies towels to try and keep dust away. I used to do Top Card Room and Slashers!! Around this time of 1964 I played for Brookhil F C. I think manager was a bit suspect!
  4. C

Marston Green & Tile Cross

I lived in Leycroft Avenue, off Gressel Lane, so we used our bikes to go train spotting at Marston Green. We loved it and met lots of pals. We also met "fudgers" These were lads who underlined locomotives that would never have come through M. Green, and, of course, they were on their own when a...
  5. C

Tile cross/ marston green / dorridge

Great memories. Liked ANN b. I lived in Leycroft Avenue by B K school.Lived there from 1952-1970. Loved the uniforms. I went to Central. Used to go to Marston Green to watch trains go by. A pal lived in a similar pre fab in Tile Cross Road-a stones throw from Mackadown Lane.
  6. C

Love to know who Villager is! Iused to go to St Peters Church every Saturday morning for the matinee. Sometimes we would play in the local sand pit nearby. I can't remember what is was called.
  7. C

Hello Susan, I am a lot older than you. I left Shirestone in 1958 for Central Grammar School. I was also singled out by Mr Penny as a growler! I loved Miss Pullen and was quite upset when she married. I think Mr Dunkley was also quite sweet on her. I lived at 24 Leycroft Avenue,which was an end...
  8. C

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

H His name was Bill Wilcox. I played for Brookhill back in 1961-62. Bunny Larkin and Bert Linnecor(both Blues) used to help Bill with the training,even though the had moved to Norwich and Lincoln.Bill Wilcox hzd a good relationship sith Wolves and one or two of us got to go there for trials et...
Back