• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Clive Howarth

1. C

George Dixons Grammar School

Ken I was at GD from 1952 to 1958. I remember Tom Rusmsby and Piggy Walker. You can email me at clivehowarth@gmail.com Regards Clive
  2. C

George Dixons Grammar School

Bodge You asked in 2018 5 years ago. I do indeed have a school photo for 1957. It's very wide but I can send you a photo of it
  3. C

Salisbury Transmissions, Witton

Martin Sorry, I don't remember him. I recall that we apprentices were seen as the lowest of the low and hardly ever visited 'the offices' Best wishes Clive
  4. C

Salisbury Transmissions, Witton

I was an apprentice at Salisbury from 1959 to 1963 While doing a Dip Tec in production engineering at Aston CAT (later Aston University). A Dip Tec meant 6 months in the factory and 6 months at Uni. I was the only apprentice. On occasion I went to the Hardy Spicer apprentice training school...
Back