• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by cliff

1. C

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi Dave, Are you the Dave Rock who used to work in the toolroom at Fordhouse lane With Steve, Cossa, Billy briden, Les Hayden etc.?
  2. C

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi Virusman, Have just come accross you request from 2009 for any info on toolmakers at Fordhouse Lane. If you are still interested I worked in the toolroom for 9 years and would be happy to give you a full list of every toolmaker up to 77 when I left.
  3. C

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi ,My uncle Billy Moore worked in the toolroom at Fordhouse Lane
  4. C

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi, I worked in the toolroom from 1963 to 71so befor the time you need, but the toolmakers I remember were Alf Collins, Alf Chapman, Reg Cosgrove, Leo Jones, Billy Briden, Les Hayden, Ron Hooper, Norman King, and me Cliff Henry. If you want any memories let me know, Ive got plenty.
  5. C

Wilmott Breeden, Stirchley

hi humphreys, Befor Wilmott breedon it was the Leing Brush Factory. they made brushes for the millatrey during the war years. Most of my relatives including my farther worked there.
  6. C

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi Dave, Bill Moore worked in the toolroom at fordhouse Lane. He was my uncle.Contact me by PM if you need any further info.
  7. C

Wilmot Breeden Limited

hi virusman, I worked in the toolroom for nine years from 1964. The toolmakers their were: Norman King, alf Collins, Pat Barker, Ron Hooper, Alf Chapman, Les Hayden, Lester Phillips, Paul Humphries, Billy Briden, Leo Jones, Reg Cosgrove, Barry Jackson, Eric hollis and me Cliff Henry. If you need...
Back