• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by chucka

1. chucka

Shops Owned By Retired Footballers

Ray Barlow of the Baggies kept a tobacconist shop in Bull Street West Brom.
  2. chucka

Acme Whistles

The arrow mark on the ring is a Army ordinance stamp, almost everything that belonged to the Army had this stamp on.
  3. chucka

Tower cinema, West Brom

I went to Christ Church infants & junior then Spon Lane Sec Mod, started work on my 15th birthday. How about you ?
  4. chucka

Tower cinema, West Brom

Found this out just for you John. It was given to all the kids for the Queens Coronation, it's a bit battered as its been chucked into different draw's over the years. :D
  5. chucka

Tower cinema, West Brom

I used to go there in the 50s to the Saturday morning Minors, it was 6d downstairs and 9d up stairs, like most kids around the country it was somewhere go to at the weekend where you could yell your head off at the picture and not told by adults to "SHUT UP"!!! In later years it was a Bingo Hall...
  6. chucka

Stevie Wonder In Birmingham In 1963

I remember seeing him at the Plaza in Rookery Rd Handsworth and if my memory serves me right i was about 17, making it 1963.
  7. chucka

Perry William aka The Tipton Slasher

Re: William Perry aka The Tipton Slasher Here is a picture of The Fountain taken by me last Summer. You can clearly see The Slasher on the sign.
  8. chucka

Re: William Perry aka The Tipton Slasher Here is a picture took by me last Summer.
  9. chucka

Faroe Isles

I have a picture of my Father when he was stationed there during the War, he was in the South Staffs Regt.
  10. chucka

Sutton Park

"was not the US POST OFFICE by the town hall & the main gate where the post office sorting office is now? or was that another one in Sutton? ASTON " I always thought it was there too, just down from Sutton Park Station, where the present SO is
  11. chucka

British sunset's

One from out of my back window.
  12. chucka

Royal Warwickshire 16th Battalion

He was in A company, 1st platoon,
  13. chucka

computer art

Cracking bit of artwork John, what software do you use to do that.
  14. chucka

Re: William Perry aka The Tipton Slasher The Tipton Slasher opened a pub in Spon Lane when he retired from prize fighting; it was called “The Champion of England”. It stood on a site by Chances Glass. He sold the pub and all his possessions to back himself in a comeback fight in June 1857...
  15. chucka

They are at our Brummie accent again

My question still hasn't been answered but i think we have said enough on the subject and will leave it here.
Back