• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Christine1946

1. C

tower ball room

2. C

Alum Rock Road Shops

Late reply but I don’t think Timmy or floss had children. I remember them well and was always terrified of their Alsatian dog Rusty. They were always friendly and I remember Timmy having a broad Irish accent
  3. C

Mother and Baby home Moseley

Not that I can remember
  4. C

One of the photos. I remember cleaning that floor on my hands and knees
  5. C

Just noticed the grange is up for sale. Some photos of inside brought back memories although mostly it has been converted to flats
  6. C

Does anyone have any photos of the inside of the grange. I know it’s unlikely but sometimes wonder if I may be remembering things differently
  7. C

From my knowledge if you wanted to keep your baby you could just walk away
  8. C

tower ball room

9. C

tower ball room

I was there in the late sixties and dated a guy called Tony Dalton . He was the lead singer. Don’t know what happened to the band
  10. C

Sounds horrendous. The matron when I was there was very kind and compassionate and emphasised the girls there were “good girls”. We worked hard but we would have had to do the same if we were living alone. A very sad time. I just wonder what happened to all those other girls who were there in...
  11. C

Perhaps it was not good in 1950 but it was ok in the 1960s
  12. C

Sorry it was November before I was admotted
  13. C

Alum Rock Road Shops

I’m sure you did. I remember when she was pregnant with one of the boys, she fainted in the garden and my brother carried her into the house. They also had a dig called ruffle
  14. C

Alum Rock Road Shops

That is sad. Yes I knew she got divorced and I have a photo somewhere of her holding lynn in her back garden. She always looked immaculate despite having four children to look after x
  15. C

Alum Rock Road Shops

I lived at 507. Next door with my mum and dad
Back