• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by ChrisJB

1. ChrisJB

Unused railway "arm" in Digbeth.

thank you
  2. ChrisJB

Curzon Street Railway Station

The construction pre-dates the GWR; the viaduct was built by Birmingham & Oxford Junction Rly, though the GWR had sole rights to use it subsequently (and took over the company later). Also, New Street was not in existence, only being planned after the creation of LNWR. I will go to the...
  3. ChrisJB

Unused railway "arm" in Digbeth.

I am researching the Duddeston Viaduct. I cannot establish whether it was the intention of the Birmingham & Oxford Junction line to cross over the existing L&BR lines from London, assuming they were at a lower level than there are now, to connect with the GJR towards Vauxhall, or whether some...
  4. ChrisJB

Curzon Street Railway Station

I am researching the Duddeston Viaduct. I cannot establish whether it was the intention of the Birmingham & Oxford Junction line to cross over the existing L&BR lines from London, assuming they were at a lower level than there are now, to connect with the GJR towards Vauxhall, or whether some...
Back