• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by chriseponymous

1. C

Hawkes Street

Hi Jane, I've had a quick look, my great granddad Douglas Bown was living in Laburnham Terrace Hawkes Street. I think the terrace was between 65 and 75 Hawkes so very close to where you grandparents lived!
  2. C

Hawkes Street

Hi Kejaha, Thank you for the reply. It's an old post that I still keep an eye on! Do you know when the houses originally there were demolished? If you have any photos of the street i would love to see them. Thanks again. Kind Regards Chris Bown
  3. C

Pictures of Hawkes Street, Small Heath

My Great Grandad, his Dad and his before him all lived at No 3 Laburnam Terrace, Hawkes Street. Still searching for photos, would love to see what it looked like...
  4. C

Courtyards and yards of brum

Just spent about an hour reading posts in this forum and it is amazing! I have ancestors who lived in Hawkes Street, Greenway Street, Cooksey Road, Arthur Street and Bolton Road from about 1880 to 1935 and I have learnt so much about how the living conditions must of been for them. What amazes...
  5. C

Pictures of Hawkes Street, Small Heath

Hi I'm really sorry for posting this in two different sections of the forum but I'm looking for pictures of Hawkes Street in Small Heath. Many members of my family (The Bowns 1890 - 1924) including my Great Grandfather lived here and I would love to see what it looked like before it was rebuilt...
  6. C

Hawkes Street

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first post so please be kind! I am currently researching my family tree on my father's side (Bown) and I already know that they moved from Gloucester to Birmingham in the late 1880s. Having already carried out much research on the Bown's in...
Back