• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by ChrisElse

1. C

F Birch, The Noted Tea Rooms

Hi, No Sorry, my Florence Birch married James Henry Broad in 1891. I have their marriage cert. birth certs, death certs and birth certs for their 10 children. Also have 1901 census and 1911 census for them. I just find it really frustrating not knowing where and when Florrie ran the "Tea...
  2. C

Attached is (I hope) copy of photo, shop is called The Noted Tea and Coffee House, not Tearooms as I previously said, my mistake, sorry. Chris
  3. C

Hi, Sorry, my Aunt Florrie was born in 1868, daughter of John Birch b 1848 and Emma Jane Taylor. John was the son of John b Bewdley 1826 and had a number of brothers so maybe there is a connection from one of them. Chris
  4. C

Hello, the name was possibly Florence BIRCH. I have a photo of "Aunt Florrie Birch" standing in the doorway of the shop with one of her sons, Her dress and pinafore are just about ankle boot length and judging from the sons possible age it could be around 1903 to 1908. Above the shop doorway...
  5. C

Hello, would someone be able to advise when this business existed and where it was please. I believe it may have been in Winson Green. Thank you for any help received.
  6. C

W Poulton Pianos and Organs Store

Hello, not sure of the actual area, possibly West Bromwich but would like some idea of when this store existed and what address it was at. Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated
  7. C

Charles Photographic Studios, 109 High Street, Aston New Town.

Hi there, can anyone tell me when the photographic studio "Charles" was at 109 High Street, Aston New town as show on the front of their photo mounts. Between 1881 to 1885 the card mounts just stated "Birmingham" as the address. Thanks for any forthcoming help.
Back