• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Chris Neale

1. C

Kenrick & Jefferson West Bromwich 23rd October 1939

Sorry .. can't help with your personal search but I was appreticed there from 1961. Only names I can remember are Tom Jefferson... Tony Butler... Terry Sims... Harry Jakeways Arthur & Sylvia ?... Peter Udall... Geof Field ( engineering ) .. Tommy Turner ( caretaker ) & Billy Brookes - ex...
  2. C

Jazz players

Sorry only just caught up with the jazz thread..... Humph ..Chris Barber etc at Townhall. Great nights. But over the last few years I've been listening/ watching ( u.tube ) a bunch of kids ( to me ) play New Orleans jazz. The name is TubaSkinny. Give them a listen..... fantastic....... compare...
  3. C

Handsworth Technical School

Just found this photo.... 1957/8 recognise Geof Caldicot Kenny Shipway Martin Bubb Gordon Eaves Peter Palmer J Wickham Danny ? & myself !......... sorry can't remember other lads. Back of photo says , league winners & Ansell shield finalists.
  4. C

I was lucky enough to be captain of this bunch of scruffs
  5. C

Thanks Lyn..... happy days.
  6. C

Just found/joined this forum. Reading brought back many happy memories & was surprised to see myself in one of the football photos. I also remember playing in a team with Kenny Shipway when Geof Caldicott was our captain. Mr Stokes was in charge. God : I remember Mr Martin ... could be rather...
Back