• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Chris Brennan

1. C

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

Where can i get a copy of this aerial photo of the Witton site- i worked in the Sheet Mill from 1978- 1987. Thanks, Chris Brennan
  2. C

The Mount, Kings Road, Great Barr.

Has anybody got a picture of the original Mount pub on Kings Road, Great Barr & The King Charles (aka The Charlie) which was on the same side of the road but nearer The Circle. Thanks in advance, Chris Brennan.:D
  3. C

Nechells of the 50's & 60's

Soory, Geoff i was born in Great Barr & still live there.
  4. C

St. Margaret's Hospital, Great Barr

Thanks for that, Max- I'll have a look for it the next time i go over!!:D
  5. C

Where is This? 112

I think It's Rocky Lane, Great Barr at the turn of the Century, but knowing me i'm probably wrong !
  6. C

New, Where is This (location 3)

This is the old Sand & Gravel works facing the Old Horns, I think it was taken around 1972- I remember when it was still in operation!
  7. C

Old horns pub

Drank in there from1977 until 1991, too much trouble in there today for my liking.
  8. C

Heston Avenue

Used to know a lad called Anthony Whiteoak who lived ther & went to Perry Beeches with me from 1972-77, have'nt heard off him since then! Chris Brennan.
  9. C

Dave, Let me know when you're over there next, I'll show you the rest of the hidden delights. Chris
  10. C

Forgot to mention the third one is the Scott family crest- sorry !!!!!!!!!! Chris.
  11. C

Attached are a few photo's I was given the other day. The two photo's of the Hall which have a number in the bottom left are takenfrom the original glass plates!!:2169: Chris.
  12. C

Dave, If you would'nt mind I would be very grateful if you could post your photo's of Maggies on the site. Thanks, Chris.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  13. C

Thanks for the pics, Dave if you have any more could you let me know- i'm particulalry interested in the hospital & Hall before all the Knuckle dragging kids got to it. Cheers, Chris .:irelandflag:
  14. C

Has anyone out there in Forumland have any old photographs of St Margaret's Hospital in Great Barr before it was all levelled for new housing? I am interested in the Wards and any of Great Barr Hall, in fact any old pics of the Place would do!!!! Thanks in advance, Chris Brennan:Dancedancer01:
  15. C

Where is this? No.111

Mike, I think this was taken under The Bull Street Hump, but don't know the date- I remember the lights !! Chris Brennan
Back