• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Chris B's latest activity

• Chris B
    Chris B reacted to maypolebaz's post in the thread Birmingham Cinemas with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Cheers mate, I don't recall that one. I must've been thinking of somewhere else. Funny thing about the pictures. Our little gang would...
  • Chris B
    Chris B reacted to Banjo's post in the thread Birmingham Cinemas with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I think that the opulence and the sense of occasion was indeed the key feature of a "night at the pictures". The Orient at six ways...
  • Chris B
    Chris B reacted to paul stacey's post in the thread Birmingham Cinemas with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I think what I remember about the cinema, was its "opulence", deep carpets, central heating, and the sense of occasion, coming from a...
  • Chris B
    Chris B replied to the thread Co-op high st bham.
    It was called "THE OAK RESTAURANT" when I worked there in the 60s / 70s
  • Chris B
    Chris B replied to the thread Co-op high st bham.