• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Charlene

1. C

Knowle Road Sparkhill

Sorry I thought u was asking me about a friend on knowle road as I had a notification so I’m not sure
  2. C

Knowle Road Sparkhill

I’m only 33 now so it would of been my school friends and there parents or who my mom and dad knew
  3. C

Knowle Road Sparkhill

That’s what we call them to the big houses haha .
  4. C

Knowle Road Sparkhill

I have only just looked back on this site . And have noticed u said u remember lil sharp at 68 that is so interesting my mom always did tell me she had a shop there . As u know we moved in 1988 when I was born . But I do remember her . I think she was old when she passed away . Unles she seemed...
  5. C

Knowle Road Sparkhill

Oh yes this is the house I was on about . I was born in 1988 and when I was about 4 I remember the old lady Lilly but I think maybe ur dad would have moved then unless the Lilly was ur dads mom
  6. C

The Bear - Sparkhill

Yeah I’m not sure i have heard it might be flats .
  7. C

Stratford Road

Aww that is so lovely . The bear closed down a few years ago didn’t it aswell and the collage arms does seem to be popular as a local pub
  8. C

Stratford Road

I remember a grocery shop I was only young under 10 but the lady who worked there was so nice behind the till I'm sure her name was Val or something I'm guessing though . And I remember the meat shop he had a big silver cutter to cut the ham I don't remember Davey's but I remember Kwik save lol...
  9. C

Stratford Road

I was born in 1988 and lived on knowle road off formans road and Stratford road my dad still lives there . I remember the antelope that is now a curry house . I use to go to st Johns primary school Mr long was the head teacher then and left and Mrs rocky was our headteacher I left for secondary...
  10. C

The Bear - Sparkhill

This pub closed down a few years ago now the bear pub shame it was the last standing Irish pub on the Stratford road however there is a pub further up called the college arms at the end of Knowle road jug past for the river Cole
  11. C

Birmingham 1960s

I was born in 1988 and I remember the bullring markets in the 1990s when I was younger my memory is really good . I remember there use to be an old lady selling flowers and there use to be a ride outside the bullring that spins around for the kids I would always go on that . I remember c&a the...
  12. C

Knowle Road Sparkhill

Do u ever remember a lady at 68 Knowle road called Lilly . She was really old when I was young and died in the 1990s sometime. She use to have a sewing machine in her window and I’m not sure if she had a shop in her house years ago . I moved into Knowle road 1988 when I was born my dad still...
  13. C

Knowle Road Sparkhill

Love these photos my dad still lives in one of them smaller houses you can see in the photo before the bigger houses
  14. C

Knowle Road Sparkhill

Oh wow what lovely memories I moved in when I was born in 1988 so 21 years after you left but it’s so interesting reading all about the road and the river Cole and sarehole so many good memories and how differnt it was from when I was younger . I don’t remember the cinema or the bomb site I...
Back