• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

changinman1's latest activity

• changinman1
    changinman1 replied to the thread Dorridge.
    Thanks Karen I cant wait
  • changinman1
    changinman1 reacted to MWS's post in the thread Frederick William field with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The records on ancestry are definitely the correct person, his father and brother are listed. They list him as attesting for the Souths...
  • changinman1
    changinman1 reacted to JimboLee's post in the thread Looking for anyone that knew my nan with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I knew a Tony and Maureen Purcell ?? GKS. Tony in GK5 and Maureen, sec to Mr Dixon in factory layout in M5.
  • changinman1
    changinman1 reacted to stars's post in the thread Tudor street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Hi Here are a couple of Tudor St one of the Malt Shovel also here is a link to some more photos of the area...
  • changinman1
    changinman1 replied to the thread Dorridge.
    Wow didn't know this , yes it would be amazing if you had some photos , there aren't many at all in circulation , I don't think ive seen...
  • changinman1
    changinman1 reacted to Karen H's post in the thread Dorridge with Love Love.
    The reason you can’t find anything after the 1911 census is because my grandfather leased The Vine at the start of WW2 so he could move...
  • changinman1
    changinman1 replied to the thread Hit A Brick Wall.
    Maurice , you have been incredibly helpful in explaining how you feel about this and the challenges that I face , its not easy , maybe I...
  • changinman1
    changinman1 reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Hit A Brick Wall with Appreciate Appreciate.
    There won't be one. Registration didn't start until 1837 (I think) and so church records are the only source.
  • changinman1
    so do I need to get a Birth Cert ?
  • changinman1
    changinman1 reacted to sospiri's post in the thread Hit A Brick Wall with Appreciate Appreciate.
    ChanginMan1, The nearest marriage I can find is on 2nd April 1741 to Elizabeth RICHARDSON at St Giles without Cripplegate. The parish...
  • changinman1
    OMG how do you even know such facts about distance of churches etc ...amazing ....mmmm this one is so tricky isn't it ...thankyou so so...
  • changinman1
    changinman1 reacted to sospiri's post in the thread Hit A Brick Wall with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Changinman1, The christening image was on Ancestry,com. So you now need a marriage for Thomas and Elizabeth and that will give her...
  • changinman1
    changinman1 reacted to Donna's post in the thread Hit A Brick Wall with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Jeremiah son of Thomas and Elizabeth his wife was born the first of July last in Castle Street in the parish of St George’s Bloomsbury...
  • changinman1
    Maurice , firstly and foremost thankyou for doing this for me I really appreciate it , how did you get that ive looked for days on this...
  • changinman1
    Hi im researching my family tree and I cant seem to get a father or a mother for one of my gt GF,s , please if anyone can think of a...